HULK SMASH! (Not really, I just got mad)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HULK SMASH! (Not really, I just got mad)

So I just got home from work, started watching the scratching, then skipped to the Q&A since I have to go out to some dumb cocktail party since i told this chick i'd go with her.

Anyway back to the reason behind this thread, some dude on the Q&A asked if "Ean are you planning on making an online school" which made me really mad.

What the hell is this (these forums)?

This website, the forums, DJTT in it's entirety is a school. How can they not get that...

I started DJing on October 27th of 2010 and everything I have learned is from this website, and this amazing community. Not even 4 months later I feel like I could pretty much get on stage and at least rock a small crowd without 'much' difficulty, and it's all thanks to you guys.

If you're sitting there wondering if Ean will create a school, why not open your eyes and READ AND SEE the wealth of fucking knowledge that is here on these forums. I mean honestly, we have extremely fucking knowledgeable people from all areas on here - you should sit here and be studying everything they do / say.

Even the competition that BradCee created, or the new thread that someone (sorry I forgot whom and am too angry to check who created it) just created about "your favorite transitions and how to execute them". These are all AMAZING threads and places to learn from.

I mean honestly why the hell do you think i'm flying to god damn Miami? Granted I want to see them all preform and meet the DJTT members, but it's to fucking see how they perform and what they do, and how they do it, and to maybe get lucky enough to hang out and talk to these genius artists.

Sorry, done ranting, I blame my anger on dumb customers.

/endrant
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 01-30-2011 at 12:22 AM.

I'm knowledgeable about fucking, but I'm not fucking knowledgeable

i think what they meant were full on lessons, as opposed to tips with explanations

or a payed service, like Qberts
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    i think what they meant were full on lessons, as opposed to tips with explanations

or a payed service, like Qberts
    meh, people just like to get their money taken away. There are at least 2 big DJing schools over here with effin skyhigh prices for the amount of time you assist and the general knowledge they provide. People even graduate from there and don't know that clipping a mixer constantly is BAD or are amazed because you are able to do something alse than a A-B transition or learned how to produce by just playing with a DAW and grabbing a bunch of free tuts here and there.

Not comparing these with Q's at all (needed to rant about local schools), just saying that people like to pay for something that is already out there but they are just too lazy to dig a bit or simply want to take a shortcut. Of course, there are exceptions.

Tech Guru

whats sad is the people here know more about serato, videosl, and itch than anyone at the serato forums. but because ean is in an NI video or two, they wont even come over here.

ive given up on those people. bunch of insecure idiots over on that forum.

i say keep the knowledge in here where smart people will do the only thing required to find it.

use the search function
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    i think what they meant were full on lessons,
    this.

some people prefer to learn with a structured block of instruction. others are too busy with work or life to search thru forums trying to find an answer that could or couldn't be what they are looking for. Those folks just want to be taught.

It's also good business. With the fame that DJTT has I'm surprised they haven't done it. Dubstop is a great site with tons of awesome info and they provide classes.

p.s. your gonna love Miami. That city is the shit
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

OP
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    this.

some people prefer to learn with a structured block of instruction. others are too busy with work or life to search thru forums trying to find an answer that could or couldn't be what they are looking for. Those folks just want to be taught.

It's also good business. With the fame that DJTT has I'm surprised they haven't done it. Dubstop is a great site with tons of awesome info and they provide classes.

p.s. your gonna love Miami. That city is the shit
    dubspot is crazy expensive though.

theyre about to open a school in l.a. btw

i talked to the dubspot guy at the wham bam namm afterparty that NI and ableton both had a presence at
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast