Attn: Mods
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Attn: Mods

Default Attn: Mods

a few things...

after spending some time reading a majority of whats been getting posted in the general section of late, i think it's time for a couple of new categories to be introduced.

1. Off Topic Discussions- seems to be a lot of off topic discussions, i know bento has been reluctant in the past but i think the time is coming.

2. A Newbie's Lounge - lots of newbie's around lately and lots of recurring questions which have been getting quite a few not so helpful questions.. We dont need DJTT becoming a place where unnecessary flaming is rife, and i think a dedicated newbie section could prevent it.

also im not pointing fingers here but we need some general moderating... like topics moved to appropriate categories, thread merging etc..

some food for thought. anyway that's enough from me...

Whenever newbs ask Q's i tend to point them to my red link in sig. thread usually dies not long after that so i guess ite helping.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

I'm down for a new sandbox
    ------=== ===------

Tech Guru

nah, i think it will kill the traffic in general.

the nice thing about ot posts in general is they can perk up the life and traffic of general when shit gets slow/boring/depressing/frustrating

and on that note, i have a couple vids to post to entertain b3nz0
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Won't a newbie's lounge just fill up with newbie's unanswered questions?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    won't a newbie's lounge just fill up with newbie's unanswered questions?
    ^^this^^
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Okay, here we go again.

Off Topic threads is what started the General Discussion forum.

Newb forum is not that great tbh. Seen it on other forums a plenty, did not work that well.
    Some of the reasons, that this won't work, are already mentioned above.
    And also we want the 'more knowledgeable' members to help when they are up to it.
    If you add a 'newb forum', the oldbies tend to stay away more easily.

However we do encourage everyone to:
    • use the search before opening a new thread;
    • read the strickies before opening a new thread.

This also includes people that frequent here as well. (Especially the sticky in the Buy & Sell thread seems to be overlooked too many times!)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Also, who decides what is and what isnt a newbie question..?
    I think your confusing "newbie question" with "a question from a newbie".

Questions like "Pick My DJ name" will always annoy some and not others. And it not always newbies that ask those questions.

Also , asking newbies to post in a dedicated subforum would make the forum seem elitist and unwelcoming. A 2 tier forum is not a good idea imho.

Moderators have a tough time keeping any forum clean and functional.
    I would throw that bit back at us (all of us) members. Post in the right place and Mods wont have to tidy up so much.

Dont get me wrong. Moderators need a polite kick up the ass sometimes, im well away of that. Sometimes you get too wrapped up in enjoying the forum rather than actually moderatoring BUT that is a prime reason for why the forum is working... If you enjoy Modding then things must be moving along quite well.
    Tidying up is easy and quickly done. Keeping a high standard is more important and the Mod keep that standard well.

Personally i think Mods around here do a stand up job on a forum that is pretty fair and free, more so than many.

My only criticism is that there are more frequent postings of pictures of women with fuck all on. Hey, im a boob fan but i guess if i was a girl DJ id be like "do i really wanna take advice of these pervs"...??? Not sure that 'light sexism' however playful has a place on a DJ forum.
    Maybe its because i went shopping for a sofa with my g/f yesterday and im in touch with my feminine side today hahaha

Hahaha, just go to say, DJs are geeks and geeks are pervs.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

. dont get me wrong.
    IM A MASSIVE PERV.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast