RA Poll of top 100 Djs of 2008 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Moldover doesnt rate a mention either, this list has some serious issues.
    Why am I wrist-slapped if I call Moldover a DJ?

Moldover is a controllerist, if he would make the list, you would also see guys like dj Krush, Kentaro, Shadow, MixMaster Mike and many other regular turntablists on it.

This list just handles it for DJs handling a more mainstream act.

And People are whining even though this list contains some of the biggest names of this moment, and puts off old icons and overhyped products way to the back.
    Tiësto was 93 or something. The Detroit clan, Mills/May/Carter also in 90s or 80s.
    Laurent Garnier in the top 10, as do Sven Väth, Ricardo Villalobos, Sasha and Richie Hawtin.

I agree I am missing some (like Ken Ishii and Goldie), but being that this is a mainstream list, this truly is amazing.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Why am I wrist-slapped if I call Moldover a DJ?

Moldover is a controllerist, if he would make the list, you would also see guys like dj Krush, Kentaro, Shadow, MixMaster Mike and many other regular turntablists on it.
    Yeah i guess, i can kinda agree there.
    Doesnt change the fact that these lists are dodgy though haha.

Ofcourse!

They always are!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I have to say that this list is excellent. I am the proudest man to see Ricardo Villalobos and Luciano at the top. There is little chance this can be manipulated by them. They are trully part of the European Minimal tech scene. Plus... They are Chilean Djs!! They are my biggest influence and great people. Its funny how my small, unknown, and far away country has great love for electronic music. And this Djs are our embassadors for the rest of the world. Please if you have a chance watch Ricardo play he is really unique. Altough he is clearly a vinyl fan you can learn a lot form listening and apply it to digital mixing. Luciano is more fond with technology and he is actually using Traktor with vinyl timecodes.

But at the end of the day I just want to say that I am proud of this list and proud of being part of the Minimal revolution.

Cheers for Chile!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    at least its a better list than the dj mag top 100 where Armin Van Buuren,Tiesto and Paul Van Dyke are at the top!!!!!!
    Yeh. RA Poll for the pioneer DJs/producers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12