VIDEO: dj Eskei83 serato bridge 'live remixing'

Default VIDEO: dj Eskei83 serato bridge 'live remixing'

just some light 'controllerism/turntablism' entertainment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nDfmyR0o9A

Tech Guru

yeah i saw that vid. its why i asked a friend of mine with the bridge to just put a mix out.

those "highlights" of a 40 minute set dont really show anything but "this can make you awesome for 5 minutes at a time" imo.

i talked with the guys at serato about this at great length. i think their users have completely let them down when it comes to doing creative things with the bridge. but i think that stems from the fact that most ssl dj's are hip hop dj's and they dont really see what the bridge can bring to their sets aside from fourty "1 shot samples" and "name drops".

i REALLY want to see what a good minimal dj could do with the bridge but it appears NI already got all the big guys to sign endorsement deals. sans robag, whos still on cdj's

that said, i cant wait to get my hands on the bridge for itch when it comes out. i really do believe that i can do more with that in my hands than i could with an s4
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    yeah i saw that vid. its why i asked a friend of mine with the bridge to just put a mix out.

those "highlights" of a 40 minute set dont really show anything but "this can make you awesome for 5 minutes at a time" imo.

i talked with the guys at serato about this at great length. i think their users have completely let them down when it comes to doing creative things with the bridge. but i think that stems from the fact that most ssl dj's are hip hop dj's and they dont really see what the bridge can bring to their sets aside from fourty "1 shot samples" and "name drops".

i REALLY want to see what a good minimal dj could do with the bridge but it appears NI already got all the big guys to sign endorsement deals. sans robag, whos still on cdj's

that said, i cant wait to get my hands on the bridge for itch when it comes out. i really do believe that i can do more with that in my hands than i could with an s4
    i was disappointed watching this vid too.. it hardly shows any innovation at all. apart from drumming a few samples on the mpd and recording loops he doesn't really do anything but scratch and trigger cue points. all of which you can do with traktor S4 and most probably with PRO 2 when it comes.

with the stigma attached to serato - and especially with the welcoming types on the forum boards over there, i can't see too many EDM dj's switching from traktor to serato even tho the serato gang have made a valiant effort to nab some of us with the ableton partnership.

i dont see serato as having the amounts of money that NI can throw at EDM artists like Hawtin, Cox etc to endorse their product to try and get some potentially new customers from the EDM base.

Tech Guru

i wouldnt say that. im sure they probably make more money than NI does believe it or not.

think about their business model. their customers arent end users, they are companies. for every unit a company ships, they have to pay serato for a license. its brilliant when you think about it.

after i hung out with those guys at namm though, i really became a believer in the product. the guys at serato ≠ the serato forum users.

the guys that work at serato, are super nice approachable guys. all of them dj's themselves, which is a big deal to me personally.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

think about their business model. their customers arent end users, they are companies. for every unit a company ships, they have to pay serato for a license. its brilliant when you think about it.
    true, but NI also license to hardware manufacturers... and the also have their vst division, maschine division, guitar rig etc all propping money into the company too.

after i hung out with those guys at namm though, i really became a believer in the product. the guys at serato ≠ the serato forum users.
    if they were like the guys in the forum i doubt they'd be in business anymore! the attitudes of people in the forum are disgusting and if i were serato i'd be heavily moderating, banning, and even shutting down some of what goes on as it must be severely damaging their brand! in the entertainment industry they say that any publicity is good publicity... but i dont think the same jives with the dj industry!

the guys that work at serato, are super nice approachable guys. all of them dj's themselves, which is a big deal to me personally.
    while never having met any of them myself, i have seen quite a few videos of that tall bloke from serato.. simon/sam (or something starting with s) - and he seems like a great bloke. a complete polar opposite to the forum trolls over there!

there's plenty of room for both digital djing systems in all genre's of music, and it's a bit of a shame there's too many closed minded people using the products. heck we are all doing the same thing ultimately in the end - playing music!!

Tech Guru

while i agree with you, i have to totally applaud them for one thing. maturity.

theres a thread over there in the itch forums where the whole point of the thread (including its title) is "fuck you serato" because this guy was all pissed off that itch 2.0 isnt out yet.

a serato employee stepped in just to say he wasnt going to delete the thread or any posts and would rather the community discuss and judge the posts on its merits.

when i read that post all i could say was "damn i wish i was that mature".

im way too irish for that degree of level-headedness

so while its not how i would run things either. i have to say, thats pretty impressive.

but i guess you aussies and kiwi's come from a pretty tough stock. =p people callin names will never keep you guys down =D

while i agree with you, i have to totally applaud them for one thing. maturity.

theres a thread over there in the itch forums where the whole point of the thread (including its title) is "fuck you serato" because this guy was all pissed off that itch 2.0 isnt out yet.

a serato employee stepped in just to say he wasnt going to delete the thread or any posts and would rather the community discuss and judge the posts on its merits.

when i read that post all i could say was "damn i wish i was that mature".

im way too irish for that degree of level-headedness

so while its not how i would run things either. i have to say, thats pretty impressive.
    that is impressive!

but i guess you aussies and kiwi's come from a pretty tough stock. =p people callin names will never keep you guys down =D
    hey, watch it there sport... never put us aussies in the same category as kiwi's!

haha...

pretty much all of my best mates are kiwi exports. a hell of a lot of them live over here. basically because our economy is better (and you dont need a visa or permit to live here if you're kiwi). a kiwi working over here on average earns almost double what they would in new zealand for doing the same job believe it or not.