help with serato itch please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default help with serato itch please

so, i'm a traktor guy, i'm used to the feel, the look, everything about it.
    but for a party i played i had to use the ns7, great hardware, great software i enjoyed it. so i decided to get Itch on my computer so i could practice using the ns7 with all my music.

i installed the latest version of itch, installed all the drivers needed.
    but when i tried to play. the cpu meter went all the way up. task manager showed cpu usage as 100%

i tried playing one of the decks, audio wouldn't work, it would play then cut out and play again, i couldn't stop it either, the ns7 became completely un responsive. i had to shut it off and manually turn off my computer because i couldnt even open task manager.

is there any way i can fix this? or is my computer just to "weak" to handle the ns7?

i have an acer aspire 5532
    AMD Athlon 64 Processor TF-20 (1.6GHz)
    ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics
    3GB Memory
    160Gb HDD
    Acer Nplify 802. 11b/g/draft-N

(sorry if that was useless info, i just typed what the sticker said on my laptop lol)

Tech Guru

I hate to say this bro.

But AMD processors arent supported in any version of Itch or Serato Scratch Live.

check this link

http://serato.com/faq/itch/#4781
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

also heres a guide that might be of some help as well. There are some guys that do have AMD processors running. But again, its not officially supported.

But even then, they will try to help you out if you post a help request.

this guide is also a good read

http://www.serato.com/articles/itch/...ckstart/page/1

as is running this program and then uploading the results in a help request. it will give Michael and the support staff a real understanding of whats going on thats causing the problem.

that can be found in this guide here.

http://www.serato.com/howtos/djing/1...itches-windows

hope that helps
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

ha, just my luck. lol
    my computer has given me several performance issues in the past.

i'm researching what laptop would be the best for price and performance for digital djing
    i'm thinking a macbook pro, think its worth it? or do you think my computer would be able to handle djing if i got some upgrades for it?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    also heres a guide that might be of some help as well. There are some guys that do have AMD processors running. But again, its not officially supported.

But even then, they will try to help you out if you post a help request.

this guide is also a good read

http://www.serato.com/articles/itch/...ckstart/page/1

as is running this program and then uploading the results in a help request. it will give Michael and the support staff a real understanding of whats going on thats causing the problem.

that can be found in this guide here.

http://www.serato.com/howtos/djing/1...itches-windows

hope that helps
    thanks for the reading material. i'll look into it

Tech Guru

Macbook.

You could even get a used one.

There are some good Windows laptops out there that will be just as good, just takes some tweaking and adjusting on your part.

If I had the cash, I'd get a Mac. Doesn't have to be a Pro either.
    And yeah, Itch is much more resource intensive than Traktor Pro. I could run TP on a Netbook with no issues, not the case with the Itch. Same thing that happens with your laptop.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Macbook.

You could even get a used one.

There are some good Windows laptops out there that will be just as good, just takes some tweaking and adjusting on your part.

If I had the cash, I'd get a Mac. Doesn't have to be a Pro either.
    And yeah, Itch is much more resource intensive than Traktor Pro. I could run TP on a Netbook with no issues, not the case with the Itch. Same thing that happens with your laptop.
    yeah, honestly, i think i would rather invest 3 grand in a new macbook pro with all the factory upgrades.
    that way i have all the performance i need. and i won't have to worry about any more issues.
    but then again. if something happens, i'm out 3 grand.
    computers suck. lol

Tech Guru

just get a 15" and youre good

if you decide to go pc, get at least a 14"

i can help you pick out either. im a technician that works on windows and mac. so either route, i can help make sure you dont throw your money away.

never forget apple refurbs as well. they all have brand new screens in them. they dont resell screens. They also dont resell cases. basically their refubs only have the "guts" so to speak refurbed.

they also come with the same exact warranty the new ones do. so you can save a little bit of cash there.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    just get a 15" and youre good

if you decide to go pc, get at least a 14"

i can help you pick out either. im a technician that works on windows and mac. so either route, i can help make sure you dont throw your money away.

never forget apple refurbs as well. they all have brand new screens in them. they dont resell screens. They also dont resell cases. basically their refubs only have the "guts" so to speak refurbed.

they also come with the same exact warranty the new ones do. so you can save a little bit of cash there.
    if you could help me with finding a good macbook pro i would greatly appreciate it
    i'm not to great with computers and i really can't afford much, i was just going to do a payment plan on a fully upgraded macbook pro from apple.

this is the one i'm thinking about buying, but i would of course need to use the payment plan lol

Configuration
    2.8GHz Intel Core i7
    8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display
    Backlit Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
    Accessory kit

total price $3,170.98

Tech Guru

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC...co=MTgxNDI5MTY

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 15.4-inch LED-backlit antiglare Hi-Res widescreen display (1680 x 1050 pixel)
    4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    500GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
    8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

free shipping.

you should be able to finance that with them as well. thats more than enough macbook to hold you over for a couple years minimum.

stick to a 15". 17"'s are kind of unwieldy at a gig and kind of huge to carry around and setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast