Setting up DVS, questions + help with choosing gear.
    Tech Convert

Default Setting up DVS, questions + help with choosing gear.

Hi!

So i'm buying a mixer and two CDJs for using at home in case a club doesn't like the idea of me using my digital controller (soon S4, can't wait ).

The clubs i've been talking to has two CDJ-1000 and a club 4 channel mixer.
    Me, i'm thinking of two reelop rmp-2s just to get myself used to using CDJs and a mixer (don't know if i'm gonna use a Reloop RMX40 or a DJM 400, please feel free to comment on this).

To get this working on my mac (at home and in the clubs) i'm gonna buy an Audio 4 DJ (or 8) and here's where i need some help.

I'm not sure how cue points on the CDJs and effects on the external mixer work if i want to use the Traktor software.
    Can i have the cue points managed from the CDJs to control the ones in the Traktor software, the same question goes for the effects on the external mixer.

I have a Kontrol X1 and if im using this for cueing/looping and effects then the CDJs wouldn't be in use, right?

So i can connect : Mixer --> Audio 4 DJ --> Mac (with TSP)
    and : Kontrol X1 --> Mac

And this would work without the CDJs , i can connect them just for fun if i wanna beat match manually.

Cause then i can just buy a Audio 4 DJ,(with scratch duo or pro) a mixer and use my Kontrol X1. Would i cover all bases?

Thankful for all the help i can get!
    Last edited by firrre; 01-31-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Tech Convert

Ok, this was a long post!

If i bring it down to one simple question:

I'm gonna use a Kontrol X1 to manage my decks, cueing, looping FX etc, an external mixer for EQs, fading and volume. This I'm gonna use with a Audio 4 DJ to my TSP.

My question is :

Can I use the Audio 4 DJ to plug in 2 CDJs and 1 Mixer to my Macbook with TSP or do I need the Audio 8 DJ?

I know i'm not gonna use the CDJs when using the X1 but i might wanna beatmatch manually sometimes - but i'm right about the CDJs being kinda unused, right?
    Last edited by firrre; 02-01-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Tech Mentor

Audio 4dj is all you need for two decks and ext. Mixing. Anyway you can still mix with 4 decks in internal mode.

Tech Convert

so i have to have a audio 8 for a 4 ch mixer?