MF Deckalized InstaFX Mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great modified mapping! Well done!
    I had never used midifighter`s tempo controls too - jogwheels are much convenient.
    I noticed that values of "effect 1 amount" (i mean gater effect) for four bottom buttons was 0.3, 0.5, 0.625, 0.775. I changed it to 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, because the values 0.625 and 0.775 are same.

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    I don't use Deck C or D, how would I go about taking them off my focus lineup? Just edit the TSI right?
    Yeah, you'll just have to make some changes to the lines controlling the Deck Focus in the tsi. I can take a look at the tsi later to explain what exactly to edit, but I think I also did this a while back somewhere on the original Deckalized thread. Although, this is slightly different because you can scroll each way.

Either way, I didn't think it was as big a deal on this one since I mapped in Deck Focus+ and Deck Focus- buttons that you can use to just go back and forth between Decks A and B without having to scroll through all 4 decks.

But if people like this mapping, I can make it just go between Decks A/B and bring back Drop Cue as the Cue Shift function.

Quote Originally Posted by StarS View Post
    I had never used midifighter`s tempo controls too - jogwheels are much convenient.
    I noticed that values of "effect 1 amount" (i mean gater effect) for four bottom buttons was 0.3, 0.5, 0.625, 0.775. I changed it to 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, because the values 0.625 and 0.775 are same.
    Great call! This was one of the main reasons I had waited to post this mapping in the forum (and then it sat around on my computer gaining virtual dust for long enough that I figured I should just post it anyways). I wanted to refine all of the amount values to tailor them to the effects (I was going to experiment more with other effects too).

Anyways, that's great input, except I think that the .5 and .625 are the values that result in the same Gater sound. But yeah, hopefully the comments make it easy enough to alter and if there becomes enough of a consensus for different values/effects I can easily redo the mapping and repost it.

Tech Wizard

hey i was just wondering what the new effects in place of the pitch/tempo buttons were ? and perhaps maybe a jpeg of the mapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo View Post
    hey i was just wondering what the new effects in place of the pitch/tempo buttons were ? and perhaps maybe a jpeg of the mapping?
    Read flashflooder's first post. He'll do it when/if he gets time.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    But if people like this mapping, I can make it just go between Decks A/B and bring back Drop Cue as the Cue Shift function.
    I'd like that if you have time!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Loving the mapping so far flashflooder. Gave it a tinker and shoehorned it into my mpd18. Have assigned the single fader to control master tempo when shift is held, and to directly control FX parameters when an FX button is held. Gonna tinker with FX used (I never use reverse grain for example) and have a jam with it this evening. Ta muchly!

Can you explain how and where to change those values? I've looked in the TSI-file, but I couldn't locate it...

Thanks.
    Macbook Pro, iMac 27"
    Vestax VCI-100 SE Arcade FW 1.4, Midi Fighter #409
    Audio 4 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/soeGG

Quote Originally Posted by soeGG View Post
    Can you explain how and where to change those values? I've looked in the TSI-file, but I couldn't locate it...

Thanks.
    Go to controller manager, choose Midifighter in Device row. Than you should find 1 of 4 rows called "Effect 1 Amount" and change the value in "Button options" to the value you want.

Go to controller manager, choose Midifighter in Device row. Than you should find 1 of 4 rows called "Effect 1 Amount" and change the value in "Button options" to the value you want.
    Ah okay! Thanks :-)
    Macbook Pro, iMac 27"
    Vestax VCI-100 SE Arcade FW 1.4, Midi Fighter #409
    Audio 4 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/soeGG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast