building Ableton Live sets

Default building Ableton Live sets

does anyone have any examples of a good ableton live set? i play nu disco which doesnt seem to lend itself to ableton.

Ive been using ableton for most of my DJ sets. Usually i just break the songs down into intro/breakdown/main/outro. it seems like a very basic way of mixing.

any techniques you use for building sets/any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by BestLegsinHD View Post
    Ive been using ableton for most of my DJ sets. Usually i just break the songs down into intro/breakdown/main/outro.
    i think pretty much everyone does that
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Here's an older one of mine, but it's the only one that's already online:

http://www.mixcloud.com/josephsimoneau/breaks-2007/

I think Ableton is fine for just about any music with a straight tempo or a standard swing…but IMO, you have to have a specific reason to want to use it for it to be worth the hassle. If you want to seriously mangle track structures and Ableton's way of doing it makes more sense to you than the way Traktor or SSL let you do it…that's one. If you're a producer first and already have Ableton, that's another. If you want to do things like add breakbeats or synth parts, that's another…though there are easier ways to do it, especially if you have access to hardware synths, sequencers, or groove boxes.

traktor and hot cues could manage that, when i use ableton its more to play personal remixes, re-edits, almost mashups, but then i play quite glitchy so ableton is perfect, if i was mixing more smooth subtle music i'd just use traktor or serato.