considering a controller
    Tech Convert

Default considering a controller

Hey guys, Ive been on and off with my djing, but i am attempting to really get serious with it. Ive looked into a few controllers and I have a numark mixtrack on the way. I can honestly say i really want a vci 100 se or arcade and dont think i will be using the mixtrack long until i want to upgrade. Would it be best to return the numark mixtrack, and work with the traktor demo until i have enough cash to get a vci? Ive looked at the s4 but i really love the vci 100.

Thanks alot,

Quote Originally Posted by DJRok View Post
    Hey guys, Ive been on and off with my djing, but i am attempting to really get serious with it. Ive looked into a few controllers and I have a numark mixtrack on the way. I can honestly say i really want a vci 100 se or arcade and dont think i will be using the mixtrack long until i want to upgrade. Would it be best to return the numark mixtrack, and work with the traktor demo until i have enough cash to get a vci? Ive looked at the s4 but i really love the vci 100.

Thanks alot,

It all depends.
    I've always found returning shit rather than trying to re-sell is way easier. However, if it will take you a while to collect the cash to come up with the VCI then i'd definitely keep the mixtrack and sell it later (probably on DJTT :P). Ohh, and if you can come up with the money soon, the DJTT sale is amazing. The $1000 offer for the VCI Arcade, Sound Card, and the TMA's is an awesome deal.

If you really want to get serious..... It really doesn't matter what you use. It's what you do with it. Practice and learn, rinse and repeat.

Heck, I saw a video of a DJ who does a performance set with a clapping monkey toy and other toys, and he killed it.

Now back to your origional question. If it will only take a month or 3 to save up for the VCI then wait till the $ is there. With the VCI you will also need a sound card from $55-100 more.

If it's gonna be awhile till the money is there for the VCI, then why wait, get the Numark and get busy.

Banned

Get a 4midiloop, best controller out there for Traktor hands down.

Tech Convert

yeah i forgot to mention i do have a discover dj, so i can also use that in the mean time. Yeah it will be a good while till i am able to purchase the vci. But i am going to try to do some serious saving. thanks for the responses guys

return that mixtrack and get:
    a. traktor kontrol x1
    b. Vestax VMC002XL
    c. Audio 2 DJ
    This setup is cheaper (about $400 if you shop on ebay) than a vci 100 and it is more functional with traktor, sans the jog wheels.