APC80 Tutorial Videos! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Great video I hope to make one soon as I get enough money to grab a APC40 to go with my 20. How long before Akai starts producing these themselves?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    hey guys, thanks for all the feedback

I was never planning to build APC80s to order because I know I couldn't make the time - this is why I went through the trouble of making this tutorial in the first place; I just want to share.

as to TSP2, yeah - I'll probably take a look at that but I definitely won't be using the APC80 with traktor; I think the layout of the controls makes most sense in ableton live I'm sure someone on here will eventually come up with an excellent mapping, but I like my setup the way it is. I'll stick with the 80 for ableton live and my three pad controllers + the evo5 for traktor; it's more than enough to get creative.

as to the follow-up video, I had to re-do it (saw the original footage again, realized that it sucked, went back to square one) but it's on the way to the rendering queue definitely coming this week-end, if this render turns out okay I might even upload it tonight.
    Sweet, I've been trying to figure the hard-map Midi out forever haha.

Anyway, just in case I ever want to take my apc80 apart I ducktaped the bottom and put a nice white electrical tape line over the top with a symmetrical piece on the other side in the middle of the apc40.... it's surprisingly sturdy and won't leave my roadcase unless i'm home. Check it out.

Lots of credit to ctrld for the idea, I wouldn't have done it with out the verification from him.

ctrld

yeah, that's cool as shit go 3LAU!

I'm uploading the follow-up video right now.

ctrld

the follow-up video is live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6T25QXdgNA

Tech Convert

Sweet that certainly answers my question! Awesome thanks.

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by 3LAU View Post
    Sweet that certainly answers my question! Awesome thanks.
    cool

remember that sharing is caring!

ctrld

Awesome....gonna check it out a lil later.

I find the APC40 perfect for Traktor....for the way i use it. Derders mapping is what I use and modded slightly.

I can see it being 100% perfect to use with the TSP2.....its flawless for my current setup and I have a lot of faders and buttons left which would be mapped to functions in the new version of Traktor.
    The footpedal ports are the added bonus too!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

ctrld

true - I also use foot switches. the novation ones are great, cheap and effective.

Legendary!

My mates all gonna FLIP when they see my 80!

Big Ups dude!...Big fucking UPS!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast