VCI-100 & Traktor Scratch Pro (smart filter/tempo knobs/faders?)
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 & Traktor Scratch Pro (smart filter/tempo knobs/faders?)

hey all, i'm DJing tomorrow (for the first time!) so the sooner you think you can help me out , the better! thanks in advanced!

getting to it: i use the filter knobs and tempo faders pretty frequently for abrupt transitions when mixing hip hop. i have my tempo faders set to 50%, and my filter knobs are set to 'ladder'.

the problem: i have to cut the volume off on a deck after using the tempo fader or filter knob; as the tempo faders don't completely stop the song (given they are set to 50% - i don't want to set them @ 100%, i like the feel of 50% better), and since the filter knobs seem to leave some noise playing on the deck after completely filtering a song 'down' or 'up'.

the solution?: i want to map my filter knobs and tempo faders as 'super knobs' that begin to the cut the volume from 100% - 0% right before a song is completely filtered 'up' or 'down', as well as right before a song is completely slowed down (@50%).

is this possible? if so, how could i go about mapping this? the most relevant article i believe is this one:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/02/0...bs-in-traktor/

i read it, as well as others, but i have been unable to figure this out on my own. thanks a lot again!

So you're using the tempo faders to drop the pitch of the tune so it sounds like its slowing down to a stop?

Why don't you do the classic 'turn the power off the playing deck' to get a similar effect?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

i guess he is not using turntables, as he uses the pitchfaders on the vci.

for a solution u might grab the turntable fx, and use a function called break or sth like dat.

works like a charm!

Tech Convert

well to answer your questions: i DO have turntables - they are just old stanton STR8-30's and the 'power trick' takes way too long for it to be an option.

as far as the ttfx in traktor - i use it all of the time, i just find it unfortunate that if you suddenly decide you want to use it you have to to turn that fx unit on, wait 8 beats or something?, and then press the ttfx button - and this is not always the easiest option for a quick transition.

that being said though, you are right - the TTFX works great, so my question is more geared around the filter knobs i guess.

any insight as to whether my idea is possible and if it is, how i could go about mapping it?

thanks for the help though guys!