HELP!!!!! Mono to Stereo? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I was not aware that you can do that without setting the Output Monitor ... what happens if you do?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    nah it can still be a hardware issue ... all we know for sure is that Typhoon 1 works and Typhoon 0 doesn't. I almost want to say that the soundcard is broke or needs to be updated
    But if he swaps the 0 & 1 in Preferences and theres sound from the other output then both outs are working.

Can you verify that you can get sound from both Outputs if you change them over in Traktor preferences..?

Aslo. The Typhoon can run of USB power. Are you powering it via USB or with the PSU. The USB is the cable supplying midi and they are the cause of 90% of controller issues.

It sounds the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    But if he swaps the 0 & 1 in Preferences and theres sound from the other output then both outs are working.
    From what I read, wherever the Typhoon 1 is, that is the only speaker that gets the output so we have no idea if 0 works at all.

But maybe I'm confused. Do any speakers get sound when you have 0 selected in either channel? (Don't assign 1 to anything)

There is a spot for USB and ADAPTOR, Im assuming your talking about those. I am using the usb section. i dont have the adapter.

And it still comes out of the Right output.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Plug your headphones into the microphone socket and talk into your headphones (they will act as a mic) and see if the sound comes out of both Outputs.

Plug the left RCA into the output, is there sound?
    Unlug the left and plug in the right, is there sound?

If one isnt working , its he controller or the cable going to the amp

Wait for just a second. Traktor unexpectedly quit (second time today).

No sound came out into the output, my headphones didn't work as a mic.

Left RCA no sound

Right RCA yes sound

Edit:

Let me type all of this again. I'm not sure if this is what you just did, but ONLY plug the cable into the Right output on your controller... first the red and then the white ... does sound come out both times?

Also, what happened when you only set Typhoon 0? I was confused what you said. Did it not work work in either channels or just the right one?

Do the same thing with Typhoon 1 (and don't set Typhoon 0 this time). Does it get sound from both speakers or do you only get some sound when you plug it in to a particular channel... If so which one?

Edit again: Did you just plug the RCA cord in the headphone jack? is that what that was? If so, if you are not getting sound when you plug in the Left RCA, then I think your cable is broke
    Last edited by Nales; 02-04-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    So when you only set Typhoon 0 to right channel, that's you get sound? and nothing when you set it to right channel? is that what you meant with above post?

If so, do the same with Typhoon 1. Set it to a channel, play a song, and set it to another channel and play a song. (This time, don't set Typhoon 0). Does it go through both speakers or just the right one?
    No audio comes when it is set only to Typhoon 0. Typhoon 1 however does give audio.

I think I might be that Typhoon 0 doesn't work. Let me try to update Traktor LE.

EDIT- Sound does come when I put the Right cable into the left, but the audio now comes through the Left speaker and not the right, however, the LED lights still say that it only comes out of the Right output.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast