View Poll Results: Wha shouldda do?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell the desktop, buy a second laptop

12 52.17%
  • are you nuts? keep the desktop!!!

11 47.83%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ouch. My backup lappy is a 5 year old HP dv2000 (with an Nvidia 6150) running Vista that is unstoppable.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    i was the same as you... till i bit the bullet and bought a i7 macbook pro (i got mine on sale, it was $2750 AUD got it for $2475 i think). dont know why i ever wasted so much time on pc laptops and their shitty build quality/terrible battery life.

part of the selling point for me tho was it was one of the only laptops i could find with an nvidia graphics card compatible with the cuda/mercury hardware rendering engine for adobe's premiere pro cs5.

the mac's were one of the only brands with nvidia's period in retail chains that i could find. everyhting is either intel hd or ati.

i doubt i'll ever go back to a pc manufacturer for my laptops.

i've had dell inspiron's and a HP dv6 in the past. the HP felt like i was going to break it from day one. flimsy keys.. crappy plastic shell. the dells were like tanks - but horrendous unless plugged into the wall. they all died tho eventually (all had a lifespan of less than 2 years)
    my hp dv9000 has lasted me three and a half years so far, i bought it used from a cop

BTW i really like the PC rack idea.
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

Guys, this is not a about laptops!!!
    I think its totally unneeded to have like double of same setup.
    U would go for one laptop with traktor + a controller, one laptop for ableton + a suitable controller(s) and a nice 4 channel mixer to get all of that together.

Also, DELL for Life!!!!! :P

Keep the desktop dude. After having a go on Crysis 2 yesterday on a monster of a PC, wooow
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Keep the desktop dude. After having a go on Crysis 2 yesterday on a monster of a PC, wooow
    OT: Jester how the hell did you get to play Crysis 2?! Also, is it hella awesome?
    *is jealous*

P.S. Keep the desktop man, always good to have something that will be a workhorse.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

If anything sell the desktop and put it towards a sound system or something like that, but not a second laptop... Or even laptop upgrades. O.o
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Xbox imo! :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123