Rusko speaks out about Brostep!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rusko speaks out about Brostep!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEuFT...layer_embedded

Thank God he finally said something about the bastardization of Dubstep that he started!!!
    Reloop TM4 : Audio6 DJ : Kontrol X1 : Traktor Pro Scratch 2 : Ultrasone DJ1 Pros : Ableton 9 : Launchpad Mini :

noisy for noisy sake"...couldn't have said it better. I went to a dubstep nite here in portland recently and didn't hear a single break for over an hour. IMO the hard parts of dubstep really lose their effect when there's nothing to compare them to.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

im a tat tied up, so i cant hit play. but let me guess

'if its your thing, fine. but i personally like to focus on chord progressions'

right?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

actually not at all. he basically took responsibility for starting it and just thought its gotten out of hand.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

oh. that was unexpected.

well props to him for saying so. that took some balls. i dont know many artists who would say that.
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Yeah I really liked Rusko's sound like a couple of years back but i'd say after Subfocus remixed "Hold On" the whole genre kinda lost the plot....

I think Brostep has a place in the scene but it should be used sparingly in a mix.
    Reloop TM4 : Audio6 DJ : Kontrol X1 : Traktor Pro Scratch 2 : Ultrasone DJ1 Pros : Ableton 9 : Launchpad Mini :

ok, so now that ive listened to it:

i was half right in my prediction

Tech Wizard

I think Dubstep has just got more heavy and filthy cuz everyone wants to push it to the limit. I think that limit has just about been maxed out now with all the "brostep" and like he says he is trying to make more melodic stuff now. I think a lot of Dubstep artist are going to have to work to make the music more diverse now that the filth limit has been over exceeded if that makes any sense at all. Personally if I add a track to my Dubstep collection I look for more then just a filthy bass line that melts your face off. I think every Dubstep song needs to feel as if its a musical journey not just a copy paste of the Dubstep track that played before it.

Anyone watch his sets and honestly thing he's humping the DJ booth?
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

lol yeah but thats how he gets the crowd hyped!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast