Durable MacBook sleeve?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Durable MacBook sleeve?

Hey Techtools, I recently came to the dark side and bought a new MacBook Pro 13'' computer. My old Hp just decided to die on me and luckily i back up all my files to an external drive an hour before it crashed! But with this purchase I am currently in university and need to use it for school just as much as Dj'ing. I need to find a durable or hard laptop sleeve to fit my 13'' macbook so that I can carry it with me in my bag around at achool and gig with it in clubs without worry of it getting beat up. Do any of you guys have any suggestions? I am looking for something more durable then your average "neopreen" (i think it's called) one.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Default [OT], sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    Hey Techtools, I recently came to the dark side and bought a new MacBook Pro 13'' computer
    I would argue that mac is the light side, in terms of star wars...

Not because of personal preference but in terms of that fact that when considering the general public mac users are in a minority, but each one of them has a fucking cool lightsaber (mac) which they tend to flash around a bit too much. We also have a tendency to be all righteous and superior.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I would argue that mac is the light side, in terms of star wars...

Not because of personal preference but in terms of that fact that when considering the general public mac users are in a minority, but each one of them has a fucking cool lightsaber (mac) which they tend to flash around a bit too much. We also have a tendency to be all righteous and superior.
    True, Mac dark side is not. Seen the light you have.

Now back on topic. Don't forget a keyboard cover to protect from spills and turkey sandwich crumbs.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=13+mac+keyboard+cover#q=13+mac+keyboard+cover& hl=en&newwindow=1&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=shop:1 &tbo=u&ei=0_dLTa-MGIX6lwfF8eUo&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=titl e&resnum=4&ved=0CFAQrQQwAw&biw=1523&bih=877&fp=8c7 9c10f3571ce5b"]13 mac keyboard cover - Google Search[/ame]
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

you guys really need to stop assigning your personality to your consumer purchases. its silly.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    you guys really need to stop assigning your personality to your consumer purchases. its silly.
    Go play with your Windows 7 phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

its a nice phone.

built in office that sync's with skydrive is heaven. i had a rooted droid before this phone, spun my own version of froyo for it and i still couldnt get it to run this well.

i would have picked up an iphone 4 but everyone i know with one, has a cracked front or back. so it made me very leary of buying into the new iphone.

so far ive been really happy with the win7 phone. but i just go with what works. i dont care if motorolla releases a new razor phone. if theres a solid reliable piece of cool technology, ill buy it and use it.

just like i did with my i5 imac and macbook pro i got rid of 6 months ago.

I have an incase sleeve to protect my macbook in a Chrome messenger bag, though I've also used other bags. I haven't had any problems. Apples are insanely resilient to being dropped–more so than any of my old Thinkpads or Dells from before I saw the light–and after 2.5 years with this one and coming up on 5 years total, I have never had any physical damage to any of my Macbooks other than the top-case cracks that were an issue with manufacturing on the black ones. This one has been dropped 10' off a stage while powered on, and I threw one across a room during a temper tantrum with no damage to any of the internals, the case, or the screen.

I've always treated my laptops pretty hard, and these things just keep working. They're even more resilient to screen damage from being crushed than anything else I've used…I've fallen while riding my bike onto my bag with the laptop in it and found no visible signs of damage and no issues to crop up later. I didn't go down too hard (about 12mph onto asphalt), and I don't recommend trying it, but…it's not worth worrying about.

If I were a touring DJ, I'd immediately buy a Pelican case for it. If you're really paranoid, those things are worth their weight in gold. Pelican make cases for photo stuff that have very good compartments for laptops that would fit everything I'd need to perform in one hard case…with room to spare. As long as I were 100% on SSDs instead of hard drives, and I were picky about the padding, I' trust those cases enough to throw them out of a moving car…I watched one of my pelican cases fall out of a moving pickup truck at 50mph with $10,000 of gear in it that was more sensitive than any DJ gear I've played with. No damage. You might be screwed if it got hit by a semi or a bomb, but…short of that, I'm not convinced anything can destroy them. YMMV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast