Hard drive overheating after win7 install
    Tech Guru

Default Hard drive overheating after win7 install

Title pretty much sumz it up. Do I need .sys files copied over for the type of hard drive I have. I searched for help with my type of laptop vaio vgn-fz190 but found nothing. I just put in a new 5400rpm 500gb hard drive. Is there something software related that I need to do to keep this thing cool?

I am kinda baffled because I usually don't run into these errors and I know there are some really smart computer ppl on here.

So show off your nerdage and help me out.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Title pretty much sumz it up. Do I need .sys files copied over for the type of hard drive I have. I searched for help with my type of laptop vaio vgn-fz190 but found nothing. I just put in a new 5400rpm 500gb hard drive. Is there something software related that I need to do to keep this thing cool?

I am kinda baffled because I usually don't run into these errors and I know there are some really smart computer ppl on here.

So show off your nerdage and help me out.
    how do you know its your hard drive first off? HDs don't usually run hot. when theres a problem you usually hear a click.

are you just associating the new drive with the issue.

usually motherboards & video cards run hot.

Win 7 install should not have caused any issues of the sort.

And 5400 RPms is bare minimum and shouldn't run hot, a 10,000 will run a little warm but not run hot.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

install speedfan. It will tell you the temps at the cpu, graphics card and hard drive. Report what you find

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Mentor

How u know its overheating
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.