Advice on moving on from just blending tracks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post

minimal techno/house key to good effect use is making it sound like you haven't done anything and it's actually part of the track. if it stands out, you've done it wrong imo. unless you're going for 'face melting fuck everything up cos i can' but i don't recommend doing that to often
    Couldn't agree more with that, I was very satisfied when I was playing with the efx on the X1 and my friends were wondering if I was doing anything in reality.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

if it's pro and you have 4 decks, try layering a couple of loops from different tracks.

fx wise, stick to 'subtle' ones. reverb for build ups, formant filter to tweak a loop/samples sound, gater to glitch up anything with a 'white noise' kind of sound and beatslicer is always good with a sampled percussive section. just don't over do anything. also try experimenting with key knob for builds aswell. take a 1 beat loop, filter it out and increase the key, with a touch of reverb, coming to a drop in next track

minimal techno/house key to good effect use is making it sound like you haven't done anything and it's actually part of the track. if it stands out, you've done it wrong imo. unless you're going for 'face melting fuck everything up cos i can' but i don't recommend doing that to often
    A lot of useful advice in this post. thanks!

if it's pro and you have 4 decks, try layering a couple of loops from different tracks.

fx wise, stick to 'subtle' ones. reverb for build ups, formant filter to tweak a loop/samples sound, gater to glitch up anything with a 'white noise' kind of sound and beatslicer is always good with a sampled percussive section. just don't over do anything. also try experimenting with key knob for builds aswell. take a 1 beat loop, filter it out and increase the key, with a touch of reverb, coming to a drop in next track

Top advice this mate. I have nothing to add!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12