Custom Upgrade Kits for exsisting midifighter owners? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    If you want to share an order from Farnell i have an account and am planning to mod my 2. No idea what to do about a face plate yet. Was planning on using wood as its easy to work with. As i'm just up the road it would be no bother to sort.
    yeah i think wood is gonna be the choice unless i find a good plastic supplier and some decent tools to make a faceplate, I need a water cutter really but that's lots of grand's.
    wish i was till at school i could have easily built a case by now if i could use their workshop, i have a few of my tools in my granddad's garage but i would have to route around and see what i have, sounds like a new business idea custom wood midi fighters
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Essentials View Post
    I'm working on a modular kit for the midi fighter. My concept only requires you solder a connector to the expansion ports. Fully customizeable and through multiplexing the possibility to have a second midi fighter without having to purchase another. Just working out the multiplexing kinks and the firmware.
    I'm interested in your modular kit. I want to add 4 arcade buttons (which I already have) plus 2 knobs and 2 faders. Are you planning to build a kit and sell them online? If not can you let me know where to get the knobs and faders?

My plan is to actually create a separate module with the 4 buttons, 2 knobs and 2 faders in it's own enclosure that I can plug into a connector soldered to the side of my Midi-fighter. This way I can keep my Midi-fighter as is and unplug the "midi-companion" when I don't need it.

i like that idea a lot.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Me too, that sounds pretty boss!

Maybe an expansion kit could be worked out by DJTT? I think alot of people (spesh those who already own a MF) would go for that!

I'm a mechanical designer and am considering developing an expansion module/kit myself. I've worked in the automotive electronics industry for over 10 years and this kind of project is right up my alley. The module I'm considering would include 4 arcade buttons, 2 faders and 2 knobs mounted in a custom case of some sort. I have made an inquiry with Ean to see what he thinks. If he supports it I will dig a little deeper into component sourcing and start putting a design concept together.

The idea is to give existing Midi-Fighter owners (who may lack the time, tools or skills) an easier way to upgrade their controller. It's definitely not meant to replace the Custom Midi-Fighters available on DJTT, but to fill the gap for existing MF owners with knob and fader envy. Also the overall layout would be fixed to keep the costs down (2 vertical faders with 2 knobs above and 4 buttons along the side). Please understand that this idea is in the very early stages. If you are interested in something like this though, send me a PM.

Tech Convert

I'm looking to mod out my MF as well, i also have access to a CNC machine shop, (my dads) so cutting acrylic top plates is no problem, im looking for faders and pots with knobs as well, i want the ean golden superfaders where can you gets these parts

Tech Convert

Also is there anyway we can figure out how to get LED's and response for the 4 expandable arcade buttons... it would be sweet to have 20 buttons 2 faders and 2 pots, and all buttons have LED feed back, i know with Livid equipment you can piggy back LED's and have a matrix of LEDs connecting to one pin head, maybe this type of mod could be done with the MF LED feed back right now?

Tech Guru

I'm hoping DJTT will offer upgrade kits for existing users to Pro their MF's. Can anyone at DJTT shed any light on this? Will hold on my order of parts if so.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

I would totally buy an upgrade kit if it meant only a little soldering involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bderewic View Post
    Also is there anyway we can figure out how to get LED's and response for the 4 expandable arcade buttons... it would be sweet to have 20 buttons 2 faders and 2 pots, and all buttons have LED feed back, i know with Livid equipment you can piggy back LED's and have a matrix of LEDs connecting to one pin head, maybe this type of mod could be done with the MF LED feed back right now?
    check out my mod project,we use a pic as a controller for leds
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12