MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 11

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Here's my problem, unlike eans video, where he shows just deck A and B, I also get C and D when I import it. Not a problem, I use 4 decks anyway.

I am not using the S4 but the Hercules Steel and TPRO. All the effects work fine on deck A but will not work on the other decks. It is looking like the FX banks are not being routed to those other decks.

Also, the top row of buttons trigger effects. Don't think it's supposed to do that but these effects work on the other decks, but not deck A. Therefore not allowing me to use the top row for holding a sound.

Ideas?
    sounds like you haven't enabled 4 banks mode! read point 5 of the 1st post in the MF sticky entitled "using the midifighter in menu mode"
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

Default Akai MPD24

I'm trying to map this to my MPD24 and ended up scratching my head. Is there any help how to do this manualy out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dubst View Post
    I'm trying to map this to my MPD24 and ended up scratching my head. Is there any help how to do this manualy out there.
    find the midi map that fatlimey and flashflooder have posted somewhere, then set the pads of your mpd to produce those notes on 4 different pages, or however many decks of the mapping you want to use.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    sounds like you haven't enabled 4 banks mode! read point 5 of the 1st post in the MF sticky entitled "using the midifighter in menu mode"
    thought I did that correctly...

I receive only two options though when in mode #5. using the bottom two left and right corner buttons, I get only all 4 rwo #3 buttons to light or none of them. I do not receive the option where only two are lit. Is the external mode where all 4 are lit what I want? If so, I had done.

Thanks for the help!
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try and do the firmware update again. The wrong file was on the DJTT server for some time and some were unable to select between external and internal.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I was having a heck of a time updating it. Limey walked me through a walkaround way to do it instead of using the mf update file. I'm not sure if that then loaded the bad firmware or not...

Does this relate to internal and external mixing? Because I am mixing externally if that makes difference.
    Last edited by Gryz; 02-16-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    KRK RP8sFG

Ahhh, I finally got it! Don't know what I did, but I got it! lol
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Convert

Default Trigger Finger Help

Hi all,

Im using a trigger finger instead of the actual midi fighter =/ I'm noticing I'm not getting the combo effects (for example the transpose effect on the trail end of the 4 button beat mash) also I cant bank the effect on the top row and it only seems to be working on deck A...

Also is there any way to toggle between the midi fighter settings and layout and the the standard S4 settings and layout during a live set?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy50 View Post
    Hi all,

Im using a trigger finger instead of the actual midi fighter =/ I'm noticing I'm not getting the combo effects (for example the transpose effect on the trail end of the 4 button beat mash) also I cant bank the effect on the top row and it only seems to be working on deck A...

Also is there any way to toggle between the midi fighter settings and layout and the the standard S4 settings and layout during a live set?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, but please read through the thread before posting as this has been answered several times.

The reason it won't work is that the 4 bank mode required for this mapping is built into the firmware of the midi fighter. The only way to replicate it with anything else is to create a set of 4 pages on your controller with the same notes as the 4 different banks on the midi fighter.

In terms of toggling layout, you can create a midi command for layout select if you are using preset layouts.

Tech Convert

Default Thanks

Thanks for heads up..

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast