MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 15

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immuzikation View Post
    mine... uploaded on the 5th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR8Uw1w5sWI
    Well done dude... great stuff...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    Reload the mapping over it's self do this 3 times and then try it.
    There's a bug/quirk (I actually just realised why it does it like that heh, nerd awesome) in Traktor that causes the effects setting not to take properly the first time.
    I've got all the updates and am not getting the right effects either. I have imported the .tsi again but it doesn't overwrite the old file, just adds four more (A,B,C,D) files and it doesn't work... I've been wrestling with it for the past four hours. What am I doing wrong?

Kontrol S4
    MidiFighter
    Windows 7 on an HP I5
    Last edited by hallicious; 03-23-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    novation twitch | iMac 27
    blog | twitter

If it's adding new mappings it sounds like you're not using the BIG IMPORT BUTTON. This is NOT the one just under the list of controllers, click in my sig for a picture. Then select controller mappings and effect settings and click ok.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

so had a question.I currently have a midi fighter on the way but in the mean time wanted to know can i map my MPC 2000xl pads to the instant gratification mapping just to get the feel of it I'm quite anxious to get started on it!much appreciated.

whoa, you have one of these beasts? with a floppy drive? retro chic all the way!

it's only possible to replicate the IG mapping if you use pages of controls, it implements a firmware feature of the MF called 4 banks mode whereby there are 4 banks of 12 buttons which are switchable to different notes.

The midi notes will be somewhere in the sticky threads on the MF forum.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Hey fullenglishpint Is this reply for me?If so coo the reason I asked because the MPC also has 16 pads as do the midi fighter with 16 buttons and has the option of switching through 4 banks and already labeled as "ABCD" so I feel the conversion should be natural ya dig!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilldeweR View Post
    Hey fullenglishpint Is this reply for me?If so coo the reason I asked because the MPC also has 16 pads as do the midi fighter with 16 buttons and has the option of switching through 4 banks and already labeled as "ABCD" so I feel the conversion should be natural ya dig!
    that's what I meant by pages dude. Only thing is (I have no experience of this controller) are the midi notes customiseable? I assume so, but it's important to note that you will have to ensure that the notes are the same as those of the midifighter.

Notes are customizable.I just saw this post now and see you do know about the mapping very well.
    "Worked fine when I tried it with my mate's MPD24, sorry I can't help. If the notes are right it should just work!
    edit: unless you tried changing the focus by some other means than the MF mapping shortcut. That makes things go all screwy for some reason."
    because the MPD24 is very if not the same exact setup as the MPC 2000xl so the transition there should work fine just need to know how you got it to work.thank you once again for your help.

Notes:

S1 S2 S3 S4 <- 00 .. 03 = Bank Select

4 4 4 4 <- 80 .. 83 = bank 4
    4 4 4 4 <- 76 .. 79 = bank 4
    4 4 4 4 <- 72 .. 75 = bank 4

3 3 3 3 <- 68 .. 71 = bank 3
    3 3 3 3 <- 64 .. 67 = bank 3
    3 3 3 3 <- 60 .. 63 = bank 3

2 2 2 2 <- 56 .. 59 = bank 2
    2 2 2 2 <- 52 .. 55 = bank 2
    2 2 2 2 <- 48 .. 51 = bank 2

1 1 1 1 <- 44 .. 47 = bank 1
    1 1 1 1 <- 40 .. 43 = bank 1
    1 1 1 1 <- 36 .. 39 = bank 1

I'm sorry to be a bother and do truly appreciate the assistance but I'm not sure how to read that system of code as of yet Is there a simpler way to understand it?