MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 16

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

No worries,

this was posted by DJ shabbar:

Find the number in one of the 'dec' (decimal) columns, look at the top of the column to find the midi note and the left of the row to find the octave. For example, 36 (bottom left button of bank 1) is C2, 37 (next button) is C#2, 38 is D2 and so on.

in my last post, 36...39 indicates that that row (the bottom row of bank 1) is notes 36 - 39.

Don't ask me why there are so many different names for the same midi notes, I have no idea!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Default omgwtfbbq

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    If it's adding new mappings it sounds like you're not using the BIG IMPORT BUTTON. This is NOT the one just under the list of controllers, click in my sig for a picture. Then select controller mappings and effect settings and click ok.
    Oh so you mean that Big Import Button... When my Preferences box pops up the bottom of it is off the screen, so I never even knew there were buttons down there. That was the source of all my problems. Thank you very much.

Got it working now and this mapping is amazingly fun. It's exactly what I've wanted to do to music for the past 15 years. I love it!
    novation twitch | iMac 27
    blog | twitter

no worries man, that's what we're here for! (as well as all the OT shit )
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

coo much appreciated on the chart understand much more now.but still a bit stumped as to which control do I assign to which buttons.you can tell I'm new to this please forgive me.but what I'm trying to achieve is automatic mapping without me having to figure out which keys to to map to which control or effect manually.I'd be there for quite the while if I tried.when I would switch the note number on the MPC it wouldn't match with the midi fighter mapping.I'm using Traktor scratch pro would I need the latest firmware for midi fighter to achieve this?

You can't install midifighter firmware on an MPC.

all you need to do is go to bank 1, set the bottom row to 36-39 (which I believe is how it's displayed on the MPC screen anyway), the next row to 40-43, the next row to 44-47, then repeat for the other banks using the appropriate values from the last page.

I don't know the exact method for changing the notes, because I've never owned an akai pad controller, but one it's done you just import the midifighter mapping and set the in and out ports on all 4 mappings in traktor to the MPC.

yes yes thank you you've been a very big help everything's a go!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilldeweR View Post
    yes yes thank you you've been a very big help everything's a go!

In case anyone wanted it, I finally got around to making a basic visual layout of the effect functions in this mapping. Please see the attached picture.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Could you please share your maschine mapping? I'd really enjoy using the mapping. Also, I think the midifighters firmware allows it to do some of the tricks. I bet that's what's missing with the maschine.
    Oh Man! Sorry! I'm just now seeing your post. If you still need me to upload I can but like I said, I can't get the supercombos to work. I put the project on hold for a while but I'm going to get back into to it now.

Tech Convert

Yeah I've got it running on maschine as well but supercombos and FX hold don't work for me either. Would be curious if you end up figuring out how to fix it - at some point I figure I'm just going to go through and recreate it from scratch but haven't gotten around to it yet.