MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 19

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    oh yeh I remember reading that before. You might want to try importing everything including gui layouts, redownloading the mappings (though i doubt that will help), reinstalling TPS4 (or upgrading to TP2 which I assume you plan to do anyway at some point...)

generally though I'm at a loss I'm afraid.
    upgraded to TP2, reflashed firmware, imported everything from .hex file, and still no dice... I am very close to just giving up but I want to know whats wrong. Does anybody know if DJTT offers any kind of exchange program for troubled midi fighters? (not in the PCB hardware way, but in the pain in my ass software way) Or when the next firmware/mapping is due to come out so I have an excuse not to smash the thing with a spiked bat.

Default Four Banks Modes Video

Quick and Dirty how to get the Midi Fighter into Four Banks intern mode...I didn't see anything addressing this anywhere, visually, so after the light came on (literally) for me...I thought I'd record it and post it. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzbCDBgEsk

Quote Originally Posted by ATribeCalledWes View Post
    Quick and Dirty how to get the Midi Fighter into Four Banks intern mode...I didn't see anything addressing this anywhere, visually, so after the light came on (literally) for me...I thought I'd record it and post it. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzbCDBgEsk
    so what is the difference between the internal 4 banks mode and the regular 4 banks mode??
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Tech Mentor

maybe my MF is on the wrong midi channel? In the fx section of preferences in TP2 i noticed that all banks and effects were in channel 3. How to I set my MF to channel 3? (or rather what does it look like in menu mode because I know to get there no prob)

Quote Originally Posted by Georgeo0 View Post
    so what is the difference between the internal 4 banks mode and the regular 4 banks mode??
    Heya, sorry friend, I don't know the difference...

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    As promised, here is the mapping for Maschine + MidiFighter.

http://www.geekgod.com/0/Controller Editor - Maschine Traktor Fighter - Deck A and B.ncc

TinyURL Version:
    http://tinyurl.com/6j5h3fr

Please note that I am using a Kontrol S4 and hence the custom version of Traktor which for some reason seems to shift the notes by 1. Refer to the X1 MidiFighter thread for more information (somewhere near the end):

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=255120
    Nice work! Works great for me. Just curious, have you tested this with Traktor 2? Everything seems to work fine on S4, but on Traktor 2, the effects pads load different effects into the FX slots (probably due to the fact that they added new effects?) so it doesn't work properly.

Also they still haven't fixed the midi shift bug (sigh).

Edit: nevermind I'm just stupid - this is the same bug as before where you need to import your settings twice to get them to stick. Nice work!
    Last edited by chausara; 04-05-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgeo0 View Post
    The most recent version of the MF firmware contains 3 modes, normal, 4 banks internal and 4 banks external.

Normal puts out 16 midi notes as you would expect, 4 banks internal has the top 4 buttons set to switch between 4 banks of the bottom 12 buttons, and the top 4 still send midi notes but they remain the same in all banks. 4 banks external requires you to add another 4 buttons yourself to the optional digital inputs on the side, this then gives you 4 banks of 16 buttons.

I hope that's clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by dylooooon View Post
    maybe my MF is on the wrong midi channel? In the fx section of preferences in TP2 i noticed that all banks and effects were in channel 3. How to I set my MF to channel 3? (or rather what does it look like in menu mode because I know to get there no prob)
    It's all here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9961

1. MIDI Channel
    ---------------

Code:
    # . . . <- Flashing exit key
    . . . .
    * * * * <- MIDI Channel in binary
    o . . o <- increment/decrement keys

Each note generated by the Midifighter is generated on a single MIDI
    channel. By default this is Channel 3, but the first menu item allows you to
    change this to any of the 16 MIDI channels. The 4-bit binary value can be
    altered by incrementing and decrementing or you can directly toggle bits in
    the value itself.

NOTE: MIDI channels are written down as "1..16" but their binary number is
    written "0..15", therefore all leds off will represent the binary value
    b0000, which is interpreted as "MIDI Channel 1", b0001 is "MIDI Channel 2",
    b0100 is "MIDI Channel 5", etc.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    The most recent version of the MF firmware contains 3 modes, normal, 4 banks internal and 4 banks external.

Normal puts out 16 midi notes as you would expect, 4 banks internal has the top 4 buttons set to switch between 4 banks of the bottom 12 buttons, and the top 4 still send midi notes but they remain the same in all banks. 4 banks external requires you to add another 4 buttons yourself to the optional digital inputs on the side, this then gives you 4 banks of 16 buttons.

I hope that's clear enough?

It's all here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9961
    ok gotcha, thanks!
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Tech Mentor

Talking @ fullenglishpint

hey i know how to change the channel i just dont know what channel 3 looks like on the MF and since its 0-15 I am even more confused ( i dont know binary i am sorry i am not a robot) can you please just tell me what channel 3 looks like in the leds of the MF in channel section of menu mode?

NVM! ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

for anyone that needs it ch. 3 looks like:

# . . .
    . . . .
    . . * .
    o . . o

It finally works!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh yeah kool aide man!!!
    Last edited by dylooooon; 04-06-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Anyone care to make an S4 Only variant of this mapping? ( i would but we would probably be controlling DJ robots by the time im done)

The way i see it the top set of buttons (selecting decks 1-4) are a bit wasted on the s4 as there are already buttons dedicated to selecting the channels you want the effects on.

Getting rid of them serves 2 purposes:

1 - You could then use the effects on multiple channels if you wanted...
    2 - you could have a whole other row dedicated to a new awesome effect (beatslicer or some of the new T2 FX?) maybe even a modifier or shortcut to the combos?

Just a thought