MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 24

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    First post and just wanted to say how much I love this forum! It's such a great resource for knowledge and inspiration! much respect.

I too am having issues with my MF. I cant seem to get any response in traktor using the instant gratification mapping. I'm using the MF in conjunction with my S4 and am running the latest updates and firmware. I've tried reflashing my MF numerous times and it's running in 4 banks internal mode. I've imported the .tsi twice using the big import button. I have the correct effects chains stored in the effects banks and seem to be sending out midi notes (CTRL light is flashing –*assuming this means traktor is receiving notes?) but they don't seem to be triggering any effects. I've checked that the mF is selected in the in and out ports and still haven't got any luck!

I even tried to to delete the IG mappings and install Rusty's mapping's and still wasn't getting anything... do you think somehow the settings .tsi is corrupt? I just can't seem to figure out why it wont trigger anything!!

any help would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming quite frustrating!
    I too am getting this problem... when i import the mapping to traktor scratch pro, the assign table is empty ! what am i doing wrong ??? HELP

*edit* im on windows 7 if that helps...
    Last edited by Dj Pascman; 07-01-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    1. Would you know if it would be possible to use the VCI 100 channel faders as "Smart Faders" using any spare modifiers not used by the VCI--like with the new midi fighters?
    2. Would you happen to know how many (and which) modifiers does the VCI uses by itself--to save me the reverse engineering? :-)

or

3. What is the DYI cost of upgrading the Midi Fighter I to the midi fighter II? (to forgo the whole process mentioned above)
    1. I suppose you could try to do something like this as I remember the VCI faders putting out two CC's in opposite directions and a note at the bottom. It's been a while since I've tested this though. To do this you would need to make a new generic midi mapping though as the vci mapping is tapped out of modifiers.

2. The VCI mapping uses all 8 modifiers. If you are going to add to it, I would just add a new mapping and have both mappings ports set just to the VCI. Just make sure to watch out for conflicts between the two mappings when designing.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thedjwoody View Post
    Call me crazy but I dont see exactly what this update changed. Granted, im not currently using my s4 with the midifighter since its getting repaired, but I dont see any difference in the mapping on the MF.

What changed??? I cant see it.
    minor bug fixes. no major functionality changed.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dr.sinclair View Post
    Where can i Switch the Decks ? I have Traktor scratch pro and the S4 Controller + midi Fighter with this update. All Effects just work on Deck A. Where can i Change to Deck b or c ?
    You need your MF to be in 4 Banks mode. Then the 4 banks buttons (the top row) will toggle to indicate which Deck A through D, you are controlling.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I too am having issues with my MF. I cant seem to get any response in traktor using the instant gratification mapping. I'm using the MF in conjunction with my S4 and am running the latest updates and firmware. I've tried reflashing my MF numerous times and it's running in 4 banks internal mode. I've imported the .tsi twice using the big import button. I have the correct effects chains stored in the effects banks and seem to be sending out midi notes (CTRL light is flashing –*assuming this means traktor is receiving notes?) but they don't seem to be triggering any effects. I've checked that the mF is selected in the in and out ports and still haven't got any luck!

I even tried to to delete the IG mappings and install Rusty's mapping's and still wasn't getting anything... do you think somehow the settings .tsi is corrupt? I just can't seem to figure out why it wont trigger anything!!

any help would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming quite frustrating!
    My guess would be that you somehow changed the MIDI channel that the MF is outputting MIDI data on. It should be channel 3, but I have heard of people accidentally changing it while in the MF menu mode and not realizing it. Check via some MIDI monitoring software or just try midi learning some mapping command.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Pascman View Post
    I too am getting this problem... when i import the mapping to traktor scratch pro, the assign table is empty ! what am i doing wrong ??? HELP

*edit* im on windows 7 if that helps...
    If the assignment table is empty there is either an issue with the tsi file (make sure it is unzipped) you are trying to import or you are running an older version of traktor. in general you need version traktor pro version 1.2.4 or greater to properly import and use these mappings.

Hi, i´m just adopted the 1.0.3 Mapping (MF_FX 4Banks [A]) to my Xone:1D with TSP 1.2.7 and the FX work fantastic with Deck A.
    Now i have to figure out how i can transpose this to Deck B.
    First Idea is to configure MF_FX 4Banks [B] using a Modifier to switch both Mappings. Dont test it yet, what do you think, may this work? Think it would work so far for those controls which havent a second condition mapped. But what about those which have?

I wonder if i can find any Description of the Mapping in which is explained what Button Combo is for Play/Pause or Setting Loops e.g.

What i noticed is when i used the Supercombo BM1,2,3, T3 Delay, Reverb and F92 LFO and release the Buttons, Deck B is starting.
    Last edited by MarkBirdage; 10-07-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Hello! I just got my midifighter, i'm using it with traktor and kontrol x1, i'm thinking it's best for me to use for effects and i think this instant gratification mapping would be the best for me! Why it needs "4deck mode" ? I cant get it to work. The MF utility tool wont start "application crash x123010238183xxrandom" and the other instruction seem kinda complicated. Any ideas? I'm using windows 7 64bit i think..

Tech Convert

How did they know I needed this mapping now?

Tech Student

i just bought the midifighter and added the instant gratification mapping. but it doesnt uses the same effects as ean golden in his video. and if i change them, they change back if i press a button. PLEASE HELP