Thinking of buying a midi fighter... but I have some questions.

Default Thinking of buying a midi fighter... but I have some questions.

And the support phone line was busy with a full inbox... so Ill try and articulate my question here.

As I understand it the midi fighter mapping software is good and can do most of the things Im going to want to do in ableton.

But I want to know something about the superknobs. In all the pictures they are shown default at the 12'oclock position. Does this mean that they click into place for a zero'ed out perameter... or is that just for press photos.

It seems silly but I need to know. Im looking at getting a cue master to replace my, currently missing, APC 40. (Crazy weekend in LA... dont ask.)

I almost want to replicate the djm 800 filter in a way that I can go from lopass, to off, to high pass filter for the 2 routed channels Im working with.

...So yea...

I know it seems like a dumb question... but I could really use the answer.

I have the Cue Master. In the 12'oclock position there is a small detent that allows them to be easily centred. It's more of a positioning guide than a click into place. So it's easy to sweep past this point if you want to. These knobs also send out different midi messages depending on their position. In Traktor I have one knob mapped as a Filter with off in the 12'oclock position. The second knob I have mapped to some complex FX with off in the far left (7'oclock position). Hope that helps.

Thanks , I did manage to get an email back and they did tell me they can put detents in.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Officially the MF pros ship without Detents now (originally they did), but yeah if you ask we can use detents when building your unit