MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 22

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Modifier Mapping cheat-sheet

I am not sure if this is a dumb question; however, I have some ideas I would like to implement on top of the Instant gratification/VCI mappings. Would anyone happen to know how I can get a cheat-sheet of the modifiers used for both mappings? If I am able to accomplish what I am thinking about, I will *definitely* share & document the spoils.

This is what I am thinking:
    Having the 4 banks instant gratification map on the MF act as it normally does with the exception that if you tap the bank button again, the button will blink (instead of staying on solid), and you will enter a cue/loop-juggling mode.

For TP2, I am thinking of reversing the bank buttons for the "C" and "D" decks. Single bank button tap will go into loop-juggle mode. I have to experiment with the FX (as I am still learning TP2).

I guess, I can hack at it. I thought I would first attempt to find out if there were any easier ways first.

Thanks,
    Rudy

Tech Wizard

Awesome mapping! I have to much fun with it However, I recently discovered that the Delay T3 LED will not lit if you store the effect in bank D while the other decks work.

I've found an issue with mine. Effect bank 2 has reverse grain / beatmasher / reverb when I loaded the mapping. But if I press the 4 buttons at the bottom of the midi fighter from left to right while hold the previous button (operating effect bank 1) the reverse grain on efx 2 changes to gator

Anyone any idea?
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hesitant View Post
    I've found an issue with mine. Effect bank 2 has reverse grain / beatmasher / reverb when I loaded the mapping. But if I press the 4 buttons at the bottom of the midi fighter from left to right while hold the previous button (operating effect bank 1) the reverse grain on efx 2 changes to gator

Anyone any idea?
    Did you change the order of the FX before importing the mapping as outlined prior in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Did you change the order of the FX before importing the mapping as outlined prior in this thread?
    I'm not totally sure what you mean? I've went through this whole thread and found nothing to help me. All the other buttons and combos work fine.
    Last edited by hesitant; 04-19-2011 at 03:59 PM.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Tech Convert

Default not able to switch between 4 decks

The bottom 3 rows work for deck a. But the top bank works for deck B. Can't seem to figure out why. All of the controls seem to mimic what Ean is doing on bottom 3 banks in video. Flashed the latest firmware. Have Traktor Pro 2 on PC with Win 7.....any ideas? Also have 4 decks mode set.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I am not sure if this is a dumb question; however, I have some ideas I would like to implement on top of the Instant gratification/VCI mappings. Would anyone happen to know how I can get a cheat-sheet of the modifiers used for both mappings? If I am able to accomplish what I am thinking about, I will *definitely* share & document the spoils.

This is what I am thinking:
    Having the 4 banks instant gratification map on the MF act as it normally does with the exception that if you tap the bank button again, the button will blink (instead of staying on solid), and you will enter a cue/loop-juggling mode.

For TP2, I am thinking of reversing the bank buttons for the "C" and "D" decks. Single bank button tap will go into loop-juggle mode. I have to experiment with the FX (as I am still learning TP2).

I guess, I can hack at it. I thought I would first attempt to find out if there were any easier ways first.

Thanks,
    Rudy
    Cool idea, but unfortunately this isn't possible because there are absolutely no modifiers left. It took me a few redesigns of the modifier structure to even get this much functionality in one mapping.

Sounds like a good mapping idea though for a second Midi Fighter though.

Hey guys having a bit of a problem getting into four banks mode to use the IG mapping, I have the latest firm ware , but since they released that the last pcbs had "bugs" and you have to manually reset in boot mode I have no clue how to use the "increments" in the menu mode without the lights showing me how to , I have the IG mapping working but only on one deck

This mapping has been updated to fix a few minor bugs. See this thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29351

Tech Wizard

Default How can the gratification mode work on all 4 decks at the same time?

I have a midi fighter with the gratification mode. How can i use it to affect all 4 decks at the same time instead of actually choosing the deck that the effect will work on...
    thank you