Mike's VCI-100se Traktor Pro Map (4decks + FX)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Talking Mike's VCI-100se Traktor Pro Map (4decks + FX)

1st off, this is based on Ean Golden's Firmware and TPro Maps. My thanks to him for all his work.

It's a 4 deck map, with lot's of automation and modifiers. It is built for Firmware 1.3, I doubt it will work with previous firmware as many functions are 1.3 specific. I'll go into more detail later, but for now I'll just share the TSI and an image of the mappings. Most if not all of the fields in the TSI descriptions explain the mappings and modifiers if you're curious.

Click for larger image

Version 2
    Changes from 1.1:
    FX Bank 3 changed to Looping (Knobs affect loop size, buttons activate)
    More acceleration on jog mode for seeking/juggling
    Slightly faster scratch mode

Version 1.1
    Version 1.1 Mapping

Feedback & bug details welcome.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by mikeallison; 01-04-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Tech Convert

http://bluerecords.net/mikes_vci-100se_v1-big.jpg

Here is a link to a larger image of the mapping. I moved it down here since it made the forum get all jacked up.

Tech Convert

updated.... found some inconsistencies in the fx controls and a few minor bugs. Should be solid now.

Tech Convert

that looks prettty cool, i just got a vestax 100, and the traktor pro, native gave it to me free , probly becouse i own all the other versions, lol,
    i was wondering how you learned how to change everything, this is my first time using a midi, so i want to change a little bit of things on my own,
    i really want to keep it basic but want to use the 4 little black buttons on the vestax to do somethin thats my goal, but this is soo hard fo rme, its another language to me. how did you go about learning this stuff and how to change things around, it there like a book i can buy expalining middi's and peramiters and value's? becouse i need it. LOL
    just wondering, i need help. i really love my midi it rocks and traktor 3 and pro, so i want to learn how to change things to my style,
    great job, i cant wait to bust mine out one day, and thanks for the support to all the new people and o.g's that give support.
    peace. vci 100 rocks!!! and djtt
    Last edited by shawnvillegas; 12-26-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling error

Tech Convert

well, grab midi-yoke and midi-ox. Map your vci-100 to one of the midi-yoke channels using midi-ox (Options/Midi Devices). The status window will show you what midi notes & cc values come through with each vci control. Then peek in Traktor's Midi Mapping. That's more or less how I mapped this.

Mike,

Great work on the .tsi. I have the 1.3 firmware, but have reverted back to the 1.2 due to the ease of programming 1.2 and the simplicity of certain functions that aren't available in 1.3. I really like the illustration. Mind if I use your "method" of illustrating your layout with my .tsi, because it seems to show much more info than my current illustration?

Tech Convert

sure, have at it.

Tech Convert

Version 2 uploaded. MMmmmm Loops.

I'll get to better images before too long.

Tech Convert

Talking

So far this seems to be running solid for me. Anyone have any bugs?

Tech Student

Default default set of effects

hello Mike, i have tried your tsi.... a nice work; very intuitive, i really enjoy it
    I just wanted to ask you a question, can you tell me how to change the default effects....there are 2 set of 3 effects per bank (beatmasher, lofi and flanger flux) or (beatmasher, phaser flux and reverb)....
    i would like to have others effects set as default....
    Thanks in advance....Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast