[poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support! - Page 2

View Poll Results: What do you think of this mapping?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! DJTT please make this happen.

43 71.67%
  • It's OK, but I have a better idea.

13 21.67%
  • Don't like it.

4 6.67%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I'm not a midfighter user, but on the subject of mapping. Just a thought, why not incorporate direct modifiers. If you used 4 direct mods, it would give you 4 different modes. 12 buttons per mode, so 48 buttons total! In comparison to 16.

love this idea good work
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    I'm not a midfighter user, but on the subject of mapping. Just a thought, why not incorporate direct modifiers. If you used 4 direct mods, it would give you 4 different modes. 12 buttons per mode, so 48 buttons total! In comparison to 16.
    That's exactly how 4 banks mode works, except it's in the firmware and not using modifiers. You'd be amazed how many modifiers are taken up by the Effects mappings, and using firmware makes it a lot more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbStrike View Post
    love this idea good work
    Thanks man, the only way I could make it happen was to try and get people on board! Glad we've got flashflooder's support.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

just mapped the eight cues for deck a and b on bank 3 and 4 and it works great gonna carry on tomorrow after work got an early start

Quote Originally Posted by HerbStrike View Post
    just mapped the eight cues for deck a and b on bank 3 and 4 and it works great gonna carry on tomorrow after work got an early start
    I was thinking of having deckalized maps on banks A and C for decks A and B respectively, so that the left hand 2 banks are A and the RH 2 are B, but that's the beauty of personalised mappings, you can do what you like!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I was thinking of having deckalized maps on banks A and C for decks A and B respectively, so that the left hand 2 banks are A and the RH 2 are B, but that's the beauty of personalised mappings, you can do what you like!
    gonna have a look through see if i can duplicate the fx mapping and go for your layout when i'm done mapping the deckalized version nice little bit of learning for me

I definitely support this mapping idea. Already missing the 8 cue points and the slicer. I would also like to see a Floating Cue/Loop In button and a Cup button for dropping an extra cue on the fly an re-cueing. Handy when you have used up your 8 cue points and want to drop another on the fly.

I would be happy to do some early testing if anyone has a tsi they want to share.

Default Quick Update

Slightly updated control map of the deckalized pages, hoping to make everything a bit clearer but i think I've just condused the matter! w/e, i'll post it anyway.

What are your opinions on the 3rd row 1st button? I was thinking maybe loop 8... come to think of it, the whole row could be looping, since effects are covered in the second bank, but I do like having them right there.

OPINIONS NEEDED!!!

OK, my opionion is fully formed on this now lol shift sync to be LOAD, button marked as load in the diagram to be LOOP 8.

what do people think about the instaFX? should they be left out in favour of looping or somthing?

Tech Student

I think it looks nice. In my opinion you can loose the effects in the deckalized mapping, because they are already in the instant effects setting. Maybe you can put in a function to select the next track in the playlist.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast