Vestax Vci 300 Vs Hercules RMX Vs Torq Xponent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vestax Vci 300 Vs Hercules RMX Vs Torq Xponent

i´d like to know which is better dj controler.
    sorry about my english. i´m from portugal

If you got the cash I would get the VCI-300 no question asked. Now traktor is going to support 14bit midi, you are going to be able to use the vci-300 without a midi translator.

the RMX looks like a giant hercules dj mk2 in a metal case and the knobs are very hard, it feels too much like a toy than a midi controller, same goes for the xponent, I've used it, it has a millions knobs & buttons which is cool, but it looks like fisher price designed it. I wouldnt walk into a club here in l.a with either controller.

Vestax 100 or 300 all the way!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    If you got the cash I would get the VCI-300 no question asked. Now traktor is going to support 14bit midi, you are going to be able to use the vci-300 without a midi translator.

the RMX looks like a giant hercules dj mk2 in a metal case and the knobs are very hard, it feels too much like a toy than a midi controller, same goes for the xponent, I've used it, it has a millions knobs & buttons which is cool, but it looks like fisher price designed it. I wouldnt walk into a club here in l.a with either controller.

"The controls of the VCI-300 freezes(is disabled) during operation with ITCH when the right JOG wheel is operated."
    this is my fear this is only with itch or is a hardware problem?
    http://aboutdj.nl/nieuws/1091-vestax-vci300-recall.html

Print that recall notice and goto you local dj store where they have the vestax and get it, open it @ the store and check the serial.

Print that recall notice and goto you local dj store where they have the vestax and get it, open it @ the store and check the serial.
    Ok Thanks for your help

Tech Convert

I've walked in the clubs 6 nights a week with my xponent for the past year and walked out with hard cash. most things including laptops and cdj's are made of some type of plastic. a midi controller dont have to be medal to be good

Hey Dj Fitty, I am not clowing on the Xponent, it a midi controller that works, but it will never win a beauty contest next to the VCI 100 or 300.

What Im just saying is that club promoters, club owner, other dj's take you more serious when you have gear that doesnt look you got it @ Toys'r'us.

Tech Convert

Hey Dj Fitty, I am not clowing on the Xponent, it a midi controller that works, but it will never win a beauty contest next to the VCI 100 or 300.

What Im just saying is that club promoters, club owner, other dj's take you more serious when you have gear that doesnt look you got it @ Toys'r'us.
    I can respect that, I had/have that issue at a bar lounge that dont have a dj booth and the customers sit there and watch you mix from the bar. I'm the only dj that uses a controller and thought they were expressing their concern that I dont use turntables not the fact of the way it looks. So I really have to put on a show, now the other dj's may stop in but will never walk over to my set up, I guess they think my microwave will blow up in there face, yall know how serato users are.
    Last edited by Dj Fitty; 12-27-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: grammer

Tech Mentor

i´d like to know which is better dj controler.
    sorry about my english. i´m from portugal
    Hi Miguel.drtx --

Try doing some forum searches for 'RMX' or 'Xponent' - you will find a range of opinions and experiences. The reply you got on this thread sounds just a bit fan-boyish (meaning that some people will trash hardware *other* than the VCI-100/300 with no qualifying reasons - this is a VCI-centric web site).

Some questions you should ask yourself before purchasing:

- How much money do I want to spend? The price difference between a VCI and RMX is significant.

- Do I need an audio interface? The RMX comes with a built-in sound card (although some people have complained about the quality of the sound card) while the VCI-100 does not (I believe the 300 does).

- Do I plan to perform at venues/clubs/etc or is this just for my personal use (also known as 'Bedroom DJ')? If the controller will be just for you to use at home and perhaps an occasional house party then the less expensive controller may make more sense.

Words like 'toy' and 'crap' don't really describe what the functional differences are between different controllers so do your homework. As I suggested earlier, you may run into a bit of VCI bias on this web site so try searching other DJ enthusiast boards and get some additional information before spending your hard-earned money.

Check out the Torq web site. You'll find that the Xponent is used in broadcasting by a lot of famous DJs.

Most of all - Enjoy!
    Last edited by empolo; 12-28-2008 at 01:44 PM.

I've used the rmx .....and in my opinion it sucks !!! the jog wheel is tiny and isn't that great tv software is really limited ....the buttons don't light up wich messes you up ....
    I used the rmx for one gig and returned it and got the vci 100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast