Beat Gridding in Traktor

Default Beat Gridding in Traktor

When preparing and beat gridding tracks in Traktor to get correct BPM and get them all in sync, how often along the track do I need to check the beat grid?

Is it a case of doing it and checking the first 16 or so beats, then check about 1 minutes, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, ending and that's it?

Would checks of 1 minute intervals be fine, or do I need to go into more detail, like every 30 seconds?

I assume, the more detailed I check it, like every beat will deliver a super accurate result. However, doing hundreds of songs, I don't fancy spending days upon days doing this!

Therefore, the gist of the question is, at what intervals do I need to check the beat grid to get the tracks at a consistently accurate BPM throughout the track for mixing/BPM-linked effects?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

What genre?

if its 4 to the floor....then you really do not need to.

Just grid it...and check the middle and end.

If the grids are tight in those 3 places....you good.

If its Hip Hop etc....then you are gonna have to get creative I guess.

There was a article on the main page about gridding hiphop!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

i check every 32beats (doesn't take too long)

if you want to check several places I'd map a keyboard shortcut to beatjump as far as possible (probably 32 beats) but it's usually not necessary. As Sarasin said, middle and end ought to do it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES