wierd stutter caused by time stretching?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default wierd stutter caused by time stretching?

so i was working on a demo the other day and i had to bring a track down from 132 to 129 bpm and noticed that there was a good bit of stuttering. now, earlier in the set i had brought a 125 up to 128 and noticed the same thing, but there was little to no stuttering at any other point in the set.
    have you ever heard or noticed that adjusting the tempo that much would cause stuttering?

The stuttering most probably is caused by too much CPU load. Try if you can cut back on that.
    Rendering "difficult" MIDI tracks, or tracks with loadsa VST plugins to wav and than playback usually does the trick if it is caused by CPU load.

[software rant]
    I heared it sometimes being created in Logic.
    When I moved to Ableton, this became non existent.
    [/software rant]
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I agree this is most likely caused by cpu load, tell us what your cpu load is when its stuttering - you may need to upgrade.

Tech Mentor

hum... ill have to keep an eye on it when it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    hum... ill have to keep an eye on it when it happens again.
    If you running a mac laptop, check your power settings...make sure your power adaptor is plugged and 'better performance' is checked in the battery menu, switch off airport and bluetooth and quit all other unnecessary apps and start traktor a fresh or reboot fully.

It's also worth rebooting from your mac os install dvd and 'fixing permissions' using disk utility from time to time.

Tech Mentor

using a dell. i just bought a new harddrive (upgrading from the 60gig that came with it to a 250) and i plan on dual booting, one vista for general use and the second with xp pro which shoulod help with performance. my xp install will have absolutely nothing unnecessary. ill let you know how it works out, should be happening this weekend.

XP does run better i had to install a second partition for this purpose too >=(

Tech Mentor

yea... im just hoping that i can get the drivers i need for xp... my dell came with vista.

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    using a dell. i just bought a new harddrive (upgrading from the 60gig that came with it to a 250) and i plan on dual booting, one vista for general use and the second with xp pro which shoulod help with performance. my xp install will have absolutely nothing unnecessary. ill let you know how it works out, should be happening this weekend.
    use a 7200rpm hard drive if you can and bung plenty of ram in there
    Last edited by jimmymac; 05-11-2008 at 05:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast