Traktor S4 Pro 2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Traktor S4 Pro 2

So guess what?! WE GET THE NEW UPGRADE FOR FREE! Only gotta wait till April lol.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=2004

:P
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 02-10-2011 at 10:36 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yesss. I was worried! Just ordered my S4 yesterday, and THEN Pro 2 gets dropped. Beautiful. Thanks!

Tech Wizard

Default Whooo...etc

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO

I just read that on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Native-Instruments View Post
    TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 TRAKTOR PRO 2 Free (e-voucher comes via email)

Yes, it's definitely "nice" of NI to give existing S4 owners a free upgrade to version 2. I'd be very upset if that wasn't the case.

As far as timecode support goes (not that I really care about it as I own SL3 just for that), I think NI have probably confused the hell out of quite a few people. There will definitely be some angry customers calling support...

From Traktor Kontrol S4 FAQ:

Q: Does TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 also allow external timecode control through turntables and CD decks? Does it work with the TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO / DUO software?

A: TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 will not support external timecode control directly after its release, neither with the included software nor in combination with TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO/DUO. But external timecode control will be enabled in TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 through a software upgrade in the near future.
    The wording kind of makes you think you might be getting the upgrade for free.

From Traktor Comparison Chart:

* S4 users can buy the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 SCRATCH UPGRADE to add timecode control.

** TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 currently ships with the special TRAKTOR PRO S4 software. All S4 users will receive their free upgrade to TRAKTOR PRO 2 automatically at release.
    Nope, S4 owners, you'll have to BUY the upgrade.

From Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Pricing Page:

TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 | TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 SCRATCH UPGRADE* | $139 / 129 €
    Yup, you'll definitely have to buy it and the price is $139/129€
    2 + 2 = 4

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by popoff44 View Post
    The wording kind of makes you think you might be getting the upgrade for free.
    This has been discussed and I think it all hinges on the fact that they used the word upgrade instead of update. Upgrade implies paid, whereas update implies free.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

So excited! Nothing ground breaking really for us S4 users but I really like the ability to zoom right in on waveforms and the option of having decks A & B as sample decks.
    Nice looking new fx, and obviously uber cool colored waveforms.

I'm totally psyched. Can't wait for 4.1.11!

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    This has been discussed and I think it all hinges on the fact that they used the word upgrade instead of update. Upgrade implies paid, whereas update implies free.
    Yes, having worked in the software industry for a number of years, I understand the difference between the "upgrade" and "update" very clearly, but I also know how outsiders can easily confuse the two and expect things that will just not happen to their great disappointment. In any case, I'm quite happy with my free upgrade to Traktor Pro 2
    2 + 2 = 4

Tech Convert

I held off getting the S4 until they announced the DVS support, looks like this is it. Now I wonder if they will offer an S4 SCRATCH package, that's basically S4 + SCRATCH PRO + control vinyls in one package. Not that it would make a difference (except maybe in price), but it looks like that would be the NI way to confuse people with lots of options

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast