So I had a gig yesterday and my biggest nightmare happen!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SS714SS View Post
    girl dancing drops my mac book... :eek: pick it up fast cuz music went out... open it up... starts working perfectly... but now I have a lil bump on the side of the screen... nothing broke.... but I took it today to get it checked to apple.. everything is ok... problem.. is... those bastards.. tell me my warranty exp cuz of that.. I'm like wtf... good thing.. its working great.. bad thing... is.. can I still get apple care??
    did she give you any "compensation" for dropping your beloved macbook?
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Don't touch my Junk ...err .. Gear
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

buy a $400 ibm thinkpad....if it breaks oh well...it is paid for in 1 1/2-2 gigs...
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    did she give you any "compensation" for dropping your beloved macbook?
    That's a LOT of 'compensation'

yeah even though u might have accidents like this... apple doesn't take care of stuff like this more like software n hard drive problems.. I can still get apple care.. but looking at it.. its like messing with my pc.. as long as I take care of it.. it be fine.. next time.. I do dj out... I'll have peeps.. 10 feet away.. from me lmao... the apple guy checked it.. I mean as long as its not broken I'm good.. girl offered to help if something happen.. to my comp later on.. I aint trippin.. yeah its expensive as hell.. and I almost shit my pants when I saw it go down lol.. but this thing is made out of metal so im happy.. its just a lil bump lil hahha... damn screen did not crack I think If I would have taken my pc that would have been it... lol
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Ebay sells lcd replacements along with the instructions on how to change it. Just put the screen size along with Macbook lcd/screen/monitor replacement and you are good to go. Try to get a seller from US that although a bit expensive, on any case a return can be painless.

My black Macbook had a broken screen due to a drop and a replacement was made. It doesnt have the crispness of the original but it is fully fuctional and after 4 years, 2 with the new screen, it is still going strong. The moment I get a job I'll start saving for a MBP and a new windows desktop.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

Apple fixed my screen for free. Call a bunch of times and ask to speak to a senior technician. And explained it randomly happened slowly and say nothing of how fast the screen broke and how it grew over 24 hours. Also throw in how many apply products you own and have owned if its a lot

ctrld

apple care protection plan: 3 yrs / 300$, gives you nothing except a little shorter waiting times - if you're lucky.

ibm/lenovo extended warranty: 5 yrs / 100$, after calling in a technician comes to your current location and fixes any defect or exchanges any broken part of the unit within 24hrs. drop damage is covered.

that is all.

// edit: no, that's not all. get the stupid bitch who dropped your macbook and make her pay.
    Last edited by ctrld; 02-13-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12