CDJ & TSP latency, need minor advice

Default CDJ & TSP latency, need minor advice

Right iv recently done the switch to Traktor Scratch Pro with a Kontrol X1, since buying everything i have just used time-coded vinyl which i love!

But the other night i was messing around with the CD Time codes, (using 2x CDJ1000mk3's) But when i hit play to start the track there is a delay of around half a second to a second. I think its just something simple but having a look around the software and manual and slightly unsure on what to change.

Tech Guru

you still need to set cue points at the start of the track, on the first beat like you would with a normal audio cd
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    you still need to set cue points at the start of the track, on the first beat like you would with a normal audio cd
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah im aware you will have to set cue points and stuff, but now i read back i mean there is a slight delay from hitting the play button to the music actual starting if you get me?

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah im aware you will have to set cue points and stuff, but now i read back i mean there is a slight delay from hitting the play button to the music actual starting if you get me?
    I don't use timecodes, but from what I've read there is always going to be a slight delay because of the time it takes for the software to react to the change in the time sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I don't use timecodes, but from what I've read there is always going to be a slight delay because of the time it takes for the software to react to the change in the time sequence.
    Thanks for replying again, but iv sat and had a think about and look about and im now aware that there will always be the delay but what im trying to do is minimise it.

Tech Guru

if you have used it with vinyl timecode with no problem, i cant understand why suddenly you now have an issue with the cd timecode.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Make sure 'quant' is off
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Make sure 'quant' is off
    i use cd timecode control and have quant on, with no issues

a little more info about you setup would help. Without knowing any additional info I think it can either be an issue with snap/quantize being on and it snapping to you first grid marker.

I use 2xCDJ-800 MK1 & DJM-700 w/TSP 1.27 with Multi Core cables to Audio 8 fed into a current MBP 13" 2.4/4GB ram and have my latency @5.5ms with no issue. I can lower the latency even more but I find this to be great with my setup.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |