My custom Akai MPD32 traktor pro mapping
    Tech Convert

Default My custom Akai MPD32 traktor pro mapping

I wanted to have a mapping for controlling four decks, that would allow full fx control, and complete cue point access without using several pages.

So here it is (sorry for low image quality, was taken with my mobile phone).

Attachment 469

8 pad for each deck couple (A/C, B/D) with switches to select A/C or B/D (swith 4 and 5), as well as 4 knobs.

I have four pads for play / pause, cue, loop (4 bars, with auto phase sync), and sync (set as slave + phase sync). 4 pads will be used to access cue points 1-4.

The four knobs acts as following:
    • Filter on + value
    • Key on + value
    • beat jump (one beat) left or right
    • loop size increase / decrease (with phase sync on increase)

Sync pad also acts as a shift pad: when pressed, cue 1-4 become cue 5-8. Play pad would become filter off and reset, cue pad becomes key off and reset. When the sync pad is pressed, the beat jump knob jumps 16 beats instead of one.

When the loop pad is pressed, the beatjump knob acts as a loop move knob (one beat).

Fx section is rather complete: I use fx in advanced mode only (since I have a DJM800, I do not need multiple fx slots, fx layering is done through using fx/color fx sections of mixer). 4 faders control dry/wet and three params of the effect. I also have two switches that are assigned to the two fx buttons.

Fx configuration is done pressing switch 1 and 8, respectively. I can engage fx on deck 1-4, select fx using pads.

Took me a lot of time to build this mapping, particularly because of the knobs behavior of the MPD32: the only endless behavior is implemented using nrpn, which of course, Traktor does not understand.

I first tried to use MidiPipe and Bomes Midi translator, but no luck, I did not have the behavior I wanted. So I made my own little Java program that translates NRPN either to 1-127 rotary encoders, or two note ons (one for each direction) wth adjustable sensitivity (because control would be way to sensitive otherwise).

I also have to say that Traktor midi configuration truly sucks, they should have allowed bulk duplicate/modify of a set of mappings.
    Traktor scratch pro - NI Audio 8 - Akai MPD 32 - MacBook black 2.4Ghz
    DJM 800 - CDJ 800x2 - SL1200x2 - Yamaha HSM80

i'm Rox from taly, can you pass me your TSI file for AKAI MPD32?Thank uoy!!

Tech Guru

Please share you tsi....I'd love to try it.

Tech Convert

I would be interested of the tsi too, could you be that kind and share it to me, please?

yo another mpd32 user here, intrested in trying out your tsi!

Hello.

What Input Device do I need to select for my MPD32 in Traktor Scratch Pro, under the 'Midi Setup' tab, I see many Ports, including three called :
    USB Audio Device (Emulated)
    USB Audio Device (2) (Emulated)
    USB Audio Device (3) (Emulated)

I have tried Midi mapping with each one and also with all three highlighted. Nothing works!
    For example, I have clicked on 'Add' - 'Load' - 'Load Selected'
    Channel is 'Focus'
    Type is 'Trigger'
    Then, when I click on 'Learn' and I press the Akai MPD32 pads, nothing happens. Please tell my what I'm doing wrong. This has to be software related because Vyzex (software for MPD32) recognizes every pad/dial that I press.

Thanks.

PS : If anyone has a .TSI file for Traktor Scratch Pro to share with me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Mate, would also love to give the TSI file a go if you're cool to share. Have been looking for something like this. Cheers!

I would be interested of the tsi too, could you be that kind and share it to me, please?