dealing with party guest - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

i had a guy tip me too play a song and when i played it he had left the club an came back like an hour later asking when was i going to play his song i told him i all ready had played it at wich point he called me a liar. i told him to take his money back. i work in a top forty club and i take requests all the time if it's innapropriate or just doesn't feel the vibe i tell them i don't have it period end of discussion. smile and move on. what i hate is the girl who says when ya going to play something to dance too. then when i ask what they want to hear they say what ya got. i got no time for that, thats what i got. i smile turn around an go back to work they usually get the message.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

my friend Cory came up with a pretty straight forward solution to that problem... photographed below

ha yea, maybe not exactly the way most of us would like to come of, but it worked for him. good times. - S

haha nice one! I dig the whole "when you gonna play some music" from some top40 girl. I play a mixture of underground gigs, where they love anything that theyv never heard before; right through to mobile disco type events, when friends who know I'm a DJ think, "ah, you could DJ at my wedding" type thing - thus I freak out when I look at my library and find no summer of '69 etc..

I did a school prom recently, parents and teachers included, with my new laptop, which i'd only had a chance to put about 150 new songs on. There was Summer of 69, Livin on a prayer, and a lot of michael jackson + about 50 hard dubstep tracks, and a ska album. That wasn't a fun 2 hours for me... but I still got £100 at the end of the night, and free food and drink who gives a shit about those events anyway.. no1s gna built you'r rep as a DJ on them unless you really wanna do weddings!

hahaha nice my mate was asked to do an indian wedding haha he has no idea what to play as they have requested that indian songs be played heh i wonder if he will go through with it
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

thts a bit scary..

Once I was at a pretty grimey drum n bass night in the proper cellar of a bar. Packed out, jump up, hard drum and bass etc, quality night. I was a bit fucked so I thought I'd mess about...

"You got any Pendulum mate? That Slam tune?"

Joke was * definitely * lost on that guy and his crew.

Oh well :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    "You got any Pendulum mate? That Slam tune?"
    haha I love it

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFastStephen View Post
    That is hands down the funniest thing I've seen all day!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

20 years ago I worked in a club that had a booth that was about 10 feet above the floor. People would write down their requests, complaints, and love notes and throw them up into the booth. It would piss me off to no end when there little piece of paper would land on the record playing. We finally put up some wire up to keep that crap out. I can't complain to much though cause one of the chief note throwers is in the next room getting ready for bed. I found out a couple of years ago that she told all her friends back then she was going to marry me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

lucky for me most requests I get are for shit I don't have. Unfortunately that doesn't keep some people for repeatedly asking for the same song I don't have and just standing there like it's going to make a difference. One time I got a request for a song I didn't have but the girl told me where I could download it for free. I took the 5 seconds, downloaded the song and played it.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast