RE: Time to clean up the comments... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am happy with the new policies. My take on the situation is this: The website belongs to Ean and DJTechTools. It is akin to going into his brick and mortar store. He allows us to hangout, teach, learn and to a certain extent, talk shit. When things go overboard, mean or unproductive, he or his moderators, have every right to squash it.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus_77 View Post
    I am happy with the new policies. My take on the situation is this: The website belongs to Ean and DJTechTools. It is akin to going into his brick and mortar store. He allows us to hangout, teach, learn and to a certain extent, talk shit. When things go overboard, mean or unproductive, he or his moderators, have every right to squash it.
    I don't really agree with this, and I'm not sure Ean would either. Time and again they've said how DJTT is built around the community, and let's face it it wouldn't exist without this loyal fanbase.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't moderate or anything, far from it, but I doubt Ean Golden sees himself as the omnipotent dictator of his digital realm.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^this

Besides, we don't need to swim in a crapload of spamming/trolling every time we check an article's comments. It feels like trying to avoid c*cks in chatroulette. I really hope this brings some order and the "vibe" it had some time ago returns.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I don't really agree with this, and I'm not sure Ean would either. Time and again they've said how DJTT is built around the community, and let's face it it wouldn't exist without this loyal fanbase.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't moderate or anything, far from it, but I doubt Ean Golden sees himself as the omnipotent dictator of his digital realm.
    Point well taken. But, but some folks seem to think this entitles them to say and do whatever they feel.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

personally I'd be all for requiring DJTT username login to comment. currently it's optional, and I think a little more accountability would go a long way. It may only be your online alter ego, but you probably want to maintain a bit of a reputation.

That would avoid people signing in with guest names like 'traktortroll' and chatting shit.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

personally I'd be all for requiring DJTT username login to comment. currently it's optional, and I think a little more accountability would go a long way. It may only be your online alter ego, but you probably want to maintain a bit of a reputation.

That would avoid people signing in with guest names like 'traktortroll' and chatting shit.
    i logged in with my facebook to comment...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i logged in with my facebook to comment...
    if only we were all as honourable as you

if only we were all as honourable as you
    yeah, but i made a big oops, called some guy a c*nt told him to f*ck off in the new ableton article

not surprised that got deleted...

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    yeah, but i made a big oops, called some guy a c*nt told him to f*ck off in the new ableton article

not surprised that got deleted...
    I trust it was warranted.

I trust it was warranted.
    after being warned about plastering negative shit everywhere the guy posted as a reply to ean;
    Ahahaha. Grow some skin Ean. If you cant handle negative feedback get out of the arts business and off the internet already.... Or maybe just stop posting stupid shit???

You want me to login as Goldenshower001? How does that in anyway change what im saying? would that make you feel better champ?
    You think that makes your content better? or more valid? because I logged in? ah hah. the articles YOU write are on point, the shit you let into your website by randoms is comical.

When people dont like my sets 100% of the time, I dont start sulking, make a bunch of dumb assumptions an call them cowards because they didnt give me their Social security number before telling me how much they didnt like it. I take what i can from it and try to make MY shit better.

and im cowardly for not logging in like the MAJORITY of posters lmao?? No one logs in here. you act like im hiding my IP or some stupid shit. No ones scared of you or the sync and twirl your glowstick fanboy squad.

If you wanna battle PLAYA SAY SO.

I said; what a cunt, fuck off you prick...

may i point out i'm from norfolk and that's pretty standard chatter? lol

SoundCloud

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast