i want tpro to start tracks in loop mode
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default i want tpro to start tracks in loop mode

i think i read a time ago that it is possible to make traktor automatically loop a predefined section of a track when you start it. this would be very helpful for 4 deck mixing with fast transitions. can somebody tell me what i have to do in the preferences or midi mapping section ?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You want add in>load>load loop play. It starts at the beginning of the song with a four count loop going though. I've never used it though so I'm not real sure if there's any way to change that setting.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

thanks for the quick reply try that now...

Tech Wizard

poorly this function does nothing... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by beatkind View Post
    poorly this function does nothing... :-)
    thats's right, the "Load Loop Play"-Function is absolute useless (cause it don't work)
    AsusG2S - MBP13" - Touchscreen - Audio4 - S4 - BCR2000 - 2xLPD8 - Nano - TPro(S4) - Live8
    addicted to: Lyre le Temps Faithless Parov Stelar Paul Kalkbrenner Death in Vegas Fatboy Slim GS

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I tried it and it works as long as you want to have a four count loop at the beginning of the song. Not sure I would ever really want that on the large majority of my songs though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

if you set load points in traktor using hotcues. You can map a button to load, play and set it to loop of your desired size. So this will load a track into a certain point that you have set into whateva size loop you have specified. You might need to use invert on some features of the button. Aint in a place where I have access to a MIDI control atm

Tech Wizard

perhaps you can give a more detailed how to a little bit later, sounds interesting and could be a good method to do what i want

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by beatkind View Post
    perhaps you can give a more detailed how to a little bit later, sounds interesting and could be a good method to do what i want
    It's easy

First define the loop. There are many ways to do this... but I suppose the easiest one is to use quantize and simply press the buttons IN / OUT where you want your loop. Quantize wil make your loop points exactly where the beat is so you can make precise loops.

Once your loop is defined (you'll see two small green triangles in the waveform of the track) just define a hot cue and it will become a looped hot cue. To set up a hot cue you can either use the buttons with numbers, or the keyboard shortcuts, or any button from your midi controller.

When you load your track simply go to that hot cue and activate loop. Activate loop means that when traktor reaches the out point of the loop it will go back to the in point.

Tech Mentor

for some reason the steps above with the hot cues wont work for me, it loads the cue but doesnt go into a loop which is annoying to say the least
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast