Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE - Page 2
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

that lil keyboard is awesome!!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by obsidiance View Post
    panda stencil is a nice touch as well!

i dont think that looks too bad at all. only problem would be that the perm texta may rub off with excessive use, but then you can just write it on again i guess!
    after labeling the key´s we sprayed clear paint over the whole keyboard. 2 times, so i think the lettering won´t diaspear that soon...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Default mixman dm2 mod

here's a mod i did 2 years ago to my mixman dm2. Like what Ean did to his vci-100, i attached two 45 records to the spinning rings of the dm2. doing this permanently, i lost control of the 8 buttons under each deck, but i gained much better scratch performance with the unit in Traktor.

Last edited by corporation; 04-26-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Tech Mentor

@corporation. That rules

By the way, is this hardware mods only, or also just adding labels to your controller?
    (Just wondering).
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

@corporation

If you had the time and ambition you could always rewire those 8 buttons and drill some holes in the case. That way you could use them.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Convert

So, when i first started out, i really wanted a 25 key keyboard for audio editing, playing synths and such for music production...

THEN, once i discovered Traktor, i bought a VCI-100... after seeing Moldover (About 3 months ago), i decided to combine the two, which gives me a very powerful system.

The keyboard i keep on my left:

it's split like Ean's down the Octave line to separate decks, i have 4 cue points,along with a next and previous cues for quick skipping (and for those songs with 6+ cues)

then in the colored tape, i have effects: on each deck i have a punch, 3 kinds of echo (a delay punch at 1/4, 1/8, and 3/16, which actually sounds great for club tracks)

i have a dedicated freeze button which is just a button mapped to fx button 2, allowing delay frezes, reverb freezes, and filter swaps (along with a reverse for beatmasher)

on the last button is just FX button 1, universal. it was designed for my beatmasher, but i realised the potential for FX punching, etc, when not tying to just my beatmasher

On my knobs i have effects, automatically selected with bome's
    Blue: high pass filter
    Purple: low pass filter
    Orange: Reverb, set to 100%. the only size moves as i turn it up. try it out, gives a cool swallowing sound, great for builds
    Green: a mid pass filter, accompanied with my freeze buttons flips the filter. cool effect for scratching, etc
    Smoke Grey: Beatmasher! turns it up. i use my "FX On" button to capture to beat i want, then-
    Silver: controls the length of the beats. i usually set it to 1/4 and flick it back. great for builds

on the far right i have master effects, a master LFO sound, a reverb, and a flanger, mapped to the pitch fader ad mod wheel (my pitch fader has the spring removed, giving me two more faders

well, thats about it for my keyboard... my VCI doesnt really have anything as cool as Ean's :P, but i am testing out loop functions on my op right buttons and knobs... i'll let you know how it goes

so, check it!

That's pretty sweet.

Are you using Traktor for all the effects?

Default Emo Kitty Controller

I have a few PS2 controllers torn apart and decided to mount one tonight. I mean, mount the buttons - I didn't, like, hop on it or anything. Most of the time, I have the HID data going through MultiControl (Mac) and then into Midipipe for "smart knobs" almost like Moldover, with some mods.

Word to the wise about modding PS2 controllers - if doesn't have a solder point, just leave it alone. If anyone has any advice on this, by all means.

Cool customization concept! wow!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast