[Craigslist Ad] Hiring Indie Hipster DJ's (Hollywood, CA)

Default [Craigslist Ad] Hiring Indie Hipster DJ's (Hollywood, CA)

For any indie djs in the L.A. area. I wasnt not impressed with the word Hipster DJ, but I guess that want a certian type of dj that has the right look.

I replyied to the ad. If I get any info ill make sure to post it.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...216143811.html <----Link

Date: 2011-02-15, 11:54AM PST
    Reply to: gigs-tmhuu-2216143811@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hollywood Venue will be hiring 15-20 talented individuals to perform in a rotating schedule starting on Thursdays in March. Each DJ will be designated an hour and a half time slot and will be expected to promote each monthly date they are performing.

Please respond to this posting with your Name, DJ Name, Website and Your predicted pull for a Thursday night.

Cheers!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Compensation: $75 per date

PostingID: 2216143811
    Last edited by JesC; 02-15-2011 at 07:01 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

$75? And you have to do your own promotion? Don't know how the Hollywood scene works, but this sounds like a promoter trying to make himself some $$ without putting in any effort. I know you need to do some of your own legwork, and bring your crowd to get decent gigs, but I always seem to see people doing nothing but cashing in on my hard work at these types of shows.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Default Interesting.....

Jesc - been lurking forever, and finally getting up and running. but I am interested in applying to this as well. Let me know if you should get any response from these guys as to where the venue and any details.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    $75? And you have to do your own promotion? Don't know how the Hollywood scene works, but this sounds like a promoter trying to make himself some $$ without putting in any effort. I know you need to do some of your own legwork, and bring your crowd to get decent gigs, but I always seem to see people doing nothing but cashing in on my hard work at these types of shows.
    Thats why I promote and dj my own gigs. I hate promoters, some are cool, but most are scum. They way I see these gigs is ok im getting $75, but Im going to put flyers out for my Sunday nights and get exposure for a club that I wasn't playing at.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny GTO View Post
    Jesc - been lurking forever, and finally getting up and running. but I am interested in applying to this as well. Let me know if you should get any response from these guys as to where the venue and any details.

Thanks,
    Yeah Ill keep you posted
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I'm ready for this, I wish I knew the club to tailor my mix to.
    Last edited by neworleansTECH; 02-15-2011 at 08:10 PM.

interesting find ... keep me posted jes

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯