Broadcasting with Traktor Pro and Macbook Pro
    Tech Student

Default Broadcasting with Traktor Pro and Macbook Pro

Hi
    I am a newbie here and sorry if all my questions have been covered but 2 days searching has not helped me...
    I am about to start broadcasting online with my macbook pro and I needed a Dj program streaming to ogg. So I got Traktor Pro. The problems I have are these:
    1) Mic sounds too low. Do I need a preamp or a usb microphone? Usb has more gain? If I use a mic in the jack input how can I hear what I am playing in both internal speakers?
    2) I dont need external inputs, as I will use only my mp3s, so I need 3 internal inputs, 2 for music and 1 mic. Can you tell me the settings in order to have stereo output for all internals?
    3) A simple usb headset could do the job? Settings?

Feel free to delete it if these have been covered before.
    Thank you and forgive my poor english.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I use Nicecast to broadcast. Costs 30 bucks, but works great. I also have a USB mic that I use with the Nicecast plug in that gives you auto ducking and works great. It should see any USB mic once it's plugged in, but I've never tried one of those headset mics so I'm not 100% sure on that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Why .ogg out of interest?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Student

Thank you photojojo for your reply.
    Nicecast streams to ogg? I want to stream to a given server not mine. Is it a Dj program. I dont want fancy things. Just to play one track after another and my voice inbetween. Fading in and out would be useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by meursault View Post
    Thank you photojojo for your reply.
    Nicecast streams to ogg? I want to stream to a given server not mine. Is it a Dj program. I dont want fancy things. Just to play one track after another and my voice inbetween. Fading in and out would be useful too.
    Nicecast does mp3 as well (photojojo plays on the same station as me, hence the knowledge)

You might want to check things like the bitrate and file format they're expecting you to broadcast to this other server - .mp3 does seem to be more common than .ogg in my experience - just trying to save a panic if it doesn't connect first time ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Did you connect Nicecast to your own server?

Nice cast broadcasts to its own personal server, ive got a little guide here it might be of assistance im not really to sure specifics on what your asking but i hope this helps even a little bit http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23730

Tech Student

Sorry for not getting back to thank you all for your answers.
    So for ogg streaming nicecast (maybe linked to djay) is enough.
    Can you recommend a simple inexpensive usb mic? The macbook gives enough gain to this mic?
    Cheers

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I use Nicecast to broadcast. Costs 30 bucks, but works great. I also have a USB mic that I use with the Nicecast plug in that gives you auto ducking and works great. It should see any USB mic once it's plugged in, but I've never tried one of those headset mics so I'm not 100% sure on that.
    I have Nicecast but i cant figure out how to get it to work with traktor... i also have the Kontrol S4