Working on a Website.
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Working on a Website.

Hey Guys,

So, just as the thread says I am working on a website. I have a few ideas, but I am only human so it is natural for me to not think of everything. I just wanted to know what all you think I should have on there? What information is crucial?

Here's the website, I just made it last night before I went to bed in like 5 minutes - so I have a lot of work to do, and a lot of information to add (I'm sure).

http://www.djkunal.com

Thanks!

a nice start, ive bookmarked so i can keep an eye on its prgression. as id be intrested to try set one up too... im sure the bigger boys will be able to you some great tips.
    ill be very interested also to learn about this.

good luck bro...
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Just a thought on the side: If - for now - the only purpose for the website is to advertise/promote your radio show, I think it might be more effective to put up a facebook fan page rather than a "real website". Certainly something to think about
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

it is still important to have a web presence. facebook can only do so much.

Tech Mentor

I need to buy a new domain. =/ but I have no idea what I want to call it.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

keep it easy to remember

Tech Mentor

I was thinking itajen.com but /sigh. I don't know. Not sure if I wanna go with this blog idea I have, or just advertise myself like Kunal's doing. I suppose I could do both, but it's going to be a bitch to come up with some sort of layout I like.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post
    it is still important to have a web presence. facebook can only do so much.
    Sure, there is still reasons to have a website, but as long you don't touch upon those, I think a facebook fan page is gonna net more exposure.
    I mean, you have to get the visitors to come back to your website somewhat regularly. This obviously is a non-issue with facebook. Again, there sure as hell is a place for a website as well as for a facebook page, it all depends on what the purpose behind it is.

And imo it is worthwhile to think a bit more about what you want to accomplish with your web-presence and how that could be accomplished best beforehand rather than just storming into things blindly. (Actually, that's my answer to all the "what gear should I get" questions as well )
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Just a thought on the side: If - for now - the only purpose for the website is to advertise/promote your radio show, I think it might be more effective to put up a facebook fan page rather than a "real website". Certainly something to think about
    Already done that . But I want to make it super easy for people. Like people have asked me, and I have told them about my schools radio but I figure if I keep it KISS (keep it simple stupid) status i'll get more views and stuff. I mean it's much better now for sure cause I can go like "Hey just got to my website djkunal.com and click on the link there and you can hear me straight from there!"

I'm just trying to figure out what other content to add on to there. I'll be working on a short biography and I know i'm going to add another page with my mixes as each week goes along.

Just looking for more ideas.

See, that's basically the point I'm making: if you don't know what to put on there, you probably don't need it. But that might just be me

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast