Help! Traktor Pro is Freaking Out
    Tech Wizard

Default Help! Traktor Pro is Freaking Out

Hey Guys,

Just got my late-Xmas present, a B-Stock VCI-100 (might as well be new, insanely good deal) and I'm extremely happy about it. Just downloaded the tks, and the mapping is just nuts once you figure out how to use it. Ean, I feel like doing a "we're not worthy!" bow in your honor. Everything was all honky-doorie until I tried to add a new song from iTunes. Any tracks that I've played before that are in the track collection are fine, but whenever I try to add in new songs from iTunes I get an "unrecognizable file" alert no matter which song I choose. All my songs are either in .m4a or .mp3, there should be no problem. I can drag and drop the songs in just fine, any song that I've played before thats in the Track Collection is just fine, just whenever I try to load in a song from iTunes shit goes haywire. Pleeeeease DJ TT, I need your assistance!

-DJ V1ckz

P.S. This is a total newbian question that I probably could've researched and figured out but I'm asking now since I'm doing a post anyways. How do I change the mapping of the effects if I want to mix it up a little with some different effects (cough cough Mulholland Drive).
    Last edited by DJ V1ckz; 12-30-2008 at 04:39 PM.

You might want to post this on NI's forums or search there. I think this has been covered if I'm not mistaken.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ V1ckz View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just got my late-Xmas present, a B-Stock VCI-100 (might as well be new, insanely good deal) and I'm extremely happy about it. Just downloaded the tks, and the mapping is just nuts once you figure out how to use it. Ean, I feel like doing a "we're not worthy!" bow in your honor. Everything was all honky-doorie until I tried to add a new song from iTunes. Any tracks that I've played before that are in the track collection are fine, but whenever I try to add in new songs from iTunes I get an "unrecognizable file" alert no matter which song I choose. All my songs are either in .m4a or .mp3, there should be no problem. I can drag and drop the songs in just fine, any song that I've played before thats in the Track Collection is just fine, just whenever I try to load in a song from iTunes shit goes haywire. Pleeeeease DJ TT, I need your assistance!

-DJ V1ckz

P.S. This is a total newbian question that I probably could've researched and figured out but I'm asking now since I'm doing a post anyways. How do I change the mapping of the effects if I want to mix it up a little with some different effects (cough cough Mulholland Drive).

All I can offer is that Traktor can not use any DRM-protected song that you purchased from the iTunes store. The day that I realized that was the same day that I opened a Napster account and have not looked back since. iTunes is now used solely for syncing my pod and arranging playlists.

IMHO, Napster has the following advantages over iTunes:

- DRM-FREE songs that work w/ Traktor
    - iTunes = 128 kbps AAC, Napster = 256kbps MP3
    - Each service has a ~6 mil. song library
    - You can buy Napster cards in a lot of the same places that iTunes cards are sold

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys it was actually a pretty stupid mistake, Traktor thought all my iTunes stuff was on my computer, when I keep everything on an external. I figured it out like 20 minutes after posting. Thanks empolo, I'll def consider switching to Napster.