What video equipment/software are you guys at DJT using to make your productions?

Default What video equipment/software are you guys at DJT using to make your productions?

Hi,

I love the new Picture in Picture you guys added to the videos you make, like in Ean's preview of TP2.

I was wondering, if I could ask for the specs of your video outfit.

Like what software do you use to cut the video? What kind of computer are you using? What kind of cameras? What software do you use to make the software captures. I love the smooth zoom effects.

Hope my questions aren't too "intimate".

Keep up the good work, BTW.

scamo

Tech Guru

i cant speak for the DJTT ones, but in the video's i do, which can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TSquared...I?feature=mhum

I used a JVC GY-H100 HD Camera (its Ok for the money, but i class it as sub-broadcast), I have the full Final Cut Studio, so the intro graphics were created in Motion 4, and I use Final Cut Pro 7 as my NLE. It is really easy to do PiP on FCP although the rendering times suck balls.

I've also recently received a GoPro HD Hero, so i'll be using that in the next video
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Cool. Thanks for the info. Video looks nice too.

I like the intro, looks pretty prefessional. However, can I give you a small critique? Start the count down at 3 to shorten it. The intro is just a bit long. At least it is for my taste.

scamo

The HD Hero looks interesting too. Why do you want to use it? Do you have a certain use in mind for that smaller camera?

I am also thinking about doing some time lapse stuff. Do you have any experience with that?

scamo

Tech Guru

yeah the reason for the length is because the music under it is a taster of our debut track.

im planning to use the GoPro to get a better view of our whole setup from above, its lens is nice and wide so will show everything, instead of the awkward side on view. Plus ive mounted it to my MTB and car for shits and giggles, gives some interesting results!
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

we use GoPro HD Hero's all the time.. great bang for buck (especially when we get them for free - shout out to www.launchhelmetcams.com) only thing i can recommend with them is lots of light for a nice clear picture as small sensors get a lot of noise (grain) in low light... and dont rely on their audio for being useable. other than that, they are great. they have also just released the clip on lcd viewfinder which i think retails for about $70 by itself.

Tech Guru

yeah i know the audio isnt great in any respect. Clean audio can be recorded separately and sync'd in the edit, oldskool clapper board style

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    although the rendering times suck balls.

I've also recently received a GoPro HD Hero, so i'll be using that in the next video
    I use FCP. Have you used the Contours for anything Josh?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x