new to dj tt

Thread: new to dj tt

Default new to dj tt

hey guys im new to the digital dj realm i just got a vci-100 , and i could use some advice. sorry if any of my questions are in other threads...

1-so i want to know exactly what does the special edition firmware update enable you to do? and also how do i find out what firmware mine is right now (i know its not SE)

2-if i dont get the firmware update are there any mappings out there for a regular vci-100?

3-there are so many different versions of traktor is blowing my mind, is there a different between traktor 3 and traktor pro??

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Alright, I know there are a lot of threads on this forum but these questions are easily answered by a Google search and a forum search. Like, really easily answered.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, we're always happy to have new people showing up, but there's no need for us to re-hash these things again and again and again.

To point you in a direction, and to make a point of me not really wanting to be an ass

go here for information on the VCI-100se, check Native Instrument's website for information on Traktor Pro (yes, there are MANY differences), and there is an entire forum dedicated to mapping out the VCI, there are still threads up for 3.4.

Enjoy the forum.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Welcome to the wonderful world of digital djing.

There's quite a few changes between Traktor Dj Studio 3.4 and Traktor Pro, mainly to do with functionality and where things are and how they look. Modifiers are another big addition. I reckon your better off starting out on Traktor Pro, unless you have turntables, then you might want to go for Traktor Scratch Pro, they are pretty much the same except for the added vinyl timecode option. Alot of people here have made the shift and it would be a good idea to start out on the same level.

As for the VCI...I don't have one so I can't comment but try checking the old vci threads.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.