Half tempo/Double Tempo button

Default Half tempo/Double Tempo button

So, I was trying to find a brake stop solution in Traktor Pro tonight, and I came across a really cool effect. Not sure if anybody's posted about it, so I'll post it here.

If you want a half tempo and a double tempo button, you will need 3 buttons, one for half, one for double, and one to reset it, unless you want to use the "key on" button for that deck, but it could throw off your results if you want to stay in key.

Bind all 3 to seperate buttons
    "Half Tempo"
    CD-DJ Jog -> Deck(a/b/c/d/focus) -> Dec -> Button ->
    Auto Repeat -> Resolution "Switch"

"Double Tempo"
    CD-DJ Jog -> Deck(a/b/c/d/focus) -> Inc -> Button ->

"Reset"
    CD-DJ Jog -> Deck(a/b/c/d/focus) -> Reset -> Button

This will work in key if you have the key button on, or put it at -12(I believe) if you have key off. Test it, it's pretty awsome :-)

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

This is a nifty function, thanks for sharing Phaidon, also, thanks for your tsi file, I still use it to figure out how to configure my own vci.

Np man. Still trying to find time to get more cool things like this figured out, but a side project has been receiving some attention and ripping me away from my deck time :-(

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Wizard

Hey man

Just tried this with Traktor Pro 1.1.1 and its fantastic. Is there anyway of doing it with one button?

The path in the new update Traktor is: If anyone new fancy's trying this (like me)

"Half Tempo"

Jog Scratch and Tempo Bend > Assignment - Focus -> Dec -> Button ->

"Double Tempo"
    Jog Scratch and Tempo Bend > Assignment - Focus -> Inc -> Button ->

Thanks

Dont suppose you know how to brake stop?

Cheers Michael

I can't think of any way to do both functions with one button, but you could use modifiers to make one button do both with 2 shift functions, or have one for half and one for double using one modifier and have the regular state return it to the normal speed.

Trying to get brake stop function was how I ran into this nifty little trick, but I have been working a lot more in Live recently more than traktor, and I haven't found a way to do brake stop other than using the FX that emulates it.

Tech Guru

hey kool idea man. what you mean map both to one button can do the reset no probs. cud use a nob or a encoder to do both if u liked. that mite be kool