Had my first taste of controllerism prejudice yesterday - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

When someone says something crazy like that to me when I'm playing. I just let them know that I'm due for a break and ask them if they could jump on for me. They usually look at the screen for a minute, then tell me they're late to be somewhere and leave. Every time that happens at least twice as many people come up to me and ask "Did you do that, with that?", while pointing at my gear. If your end product is tight, in the end no one will care what gear you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    "Attn: Promoters who run top40/college-party nights. Just buy an iPod. It's cheaper than your DJ. Either way I'm not going to your night."
    hahahahaha legend

Everyone iv ever met only cares about the end product

Here is my perspective coming from someone who went vinyl to cds to laptop...

What i see of current controller djs is that these dudes play the same combination of records each week...

There is this one kid that plays at the local joint and you can pretty much guess his set list...ALOT of current djs forget that record selection is what seperates us now...

Drop him a mixtape and let him decide for himself...but come correct...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

And this guy is right...ftp...(f that puto)

Quote Originally Posted by cormacp6 View Post
    Just ignore him.
    There are many more people like him.
    Last edited by keithace; 02-18-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

this reminds me of what club owners used to say about hip hop back in the day! Its a fad, the music is phony , they use drum machines , its not real music, dont want that kind of crowd in our club..... Its seems to have come full circle!
    Do not expect any club owners to give you shit their in it only for the money! Skills really do not have anything to do with it. Its how many heads you get through the door.
    Start out small and build your following and go out and get it for yourself....Dont expect the club or peoples opinion to change over night it takes time! Sooner or later it will take hold...... if you dont give up!

Could you link this? If not it's cool, but I'm kind of interested in reading the comment war.
    Vestax Spin | Kontrol x1 | Traktor Pro | 13" Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4 GB RAM | Mac Pro w/ 2 Quad Core 2.8 Ghz 6GB RAM 1TB HDD | HDJ-1000

so, im short on time. but ive read the OP

how long till a controller user says a really detailed comment, and a 'traditional' guy says 'is that what you did with that "extra time"?'

just putting it out there that we have a lot more to say than 'traditional' djs.

what a horrible post this was. im sorry, ive had too much sugar and caffeine today, and a shitty 2 weeks.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by rami View Post
    "Attn: DJ's who only play on Midi Controller's. Just buy 'DJ Hero' for XBOX , its much cheaper! Either way, i'm NOT booking you !"
    ------=== ===------

Whenever I hear anything like that, I always say "you do know that djs who use a laptop and vinyl together are doing the same exact thing I am, but in a much shittier fashion. Right?"

And I leave it at that. . If they say anything after that, ask them, in their clubs do DJs who spin only use vinyl? So they're running around with a crate full of vinyl? If they say "no" then tell them they're morons and you're doing the same exact thing they are and to learn about the product they are trying to purchase and tell them to have a great day, smile, then walk away.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast