Had my first taste of controllerism prejudice yesterday - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

The only way to get your point across is to truly suck at beatmixing with a controller. It can be done you know, I assure you
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Every time I hear about vinyl djs/promoters talking crap about controllerism this image come to my mind:

Erase. Stop. Start.

Quenepas, isn't that what you posted on the last thread that was sort of similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Quenepas, isn't that what you posted on the last thread that was sort of similar?
    ...and he will do it again!

Tech Mentor

the threads about this topic on djforums are a lot better (read: annoying) than here. i remember one guy saying that if you use sync you HAVE to do something more with all that time. then he said it takes him around 5secs to beatmatch...so wtf can i do in 5secs?!
    he shut up after that or simply ignored my questions
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Everyone iv ever met only cares about the end product
    I wish it was that way here. Im starting to realize that a lot of the clubs won't even let you in the door if you're using a MIDI controller

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rami View Post
    I wish it was that way here. Im starting to realize that a lot of the clubs won't even let you in the door if you're using a MIDI controller
    hm lucky me, in Switzerland just about every party I've been to in the last 3 months had at least one MIDI controller in it, mostly X1's.
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    LoL yeah!

Them people that not only refuse to coexist but on top they also mock a different way to do things, understanding that Midi has far more creative freedom are just bound to disappear or put in reservations. Oh! and they mostly use Serato so that's like donkey talking about ears

I plan on getting down and drrty with Traktor's advance features and FX so when I get the bigot/condescending thing happening I'll just challenge them to a duel old west style . If they retreat, I'll hunt them down thru Facebook and Twitter trolling until ignore or duel is achieved. With that I'll be at peace with meself
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Rami, dont worry kid.... the THROWED nights aint that good anyways. ugly ass bitches from Fitchburg state and whatnot/underaged girls go... so dont feel too bad....

and as for controllers vs a "traditional set up" -- TT's+a Mixer (most of the time its timecode), it really does only matter about the final product but your gonna run into bigots everywhere.

its like how some people down south cant let it go that african americans have the same rights that they do now (i know shitty example but you get the point).

go down to providence. much better anyways. or out towards amherst. imma tryin to transfer to UMass just to be out there. huge EDM scene in that area...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    imma tryin to transfer to UMass just to be out there. huge EDM scene in that area...
    I'm curious as to what the EDM scene is like at UMass?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast