Faderfox DJ3 + Kontrol x1? A worthy combo?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Faderfox DJ3 + Kontrol x1? A worthy combo?

Hey guys,

I currently have a BCD3000, Kontrol X1 and audio 2 dj. I was thinking of upgrading my BCD3000 to a Faderfox DJ3. The only ability I would lose with the Faderfox that I currently have now is the ability to seek through a song using the jog wheels - but I was planning on possibly mapping that command to a knob to compensate. My mixing style is 2-deck orientated with good amount of effect/filter/EQ use and cue point/loop usage ... so nothing phenomenal So why don't I just do it? I guess I'm very reluctant to just go buy things (especially when I would not be able to test a faderfox in a showroom).

So I first want to ask anyone out there if they have any personal experience with the faderfox DJ3.
    Did you like it?
    How is the feel on the knobs?
    Do your fingers run into them when you are mixing with the faders?
    Anyone use it with an x1?

Other kind of controllers I should look into that is kinda similar which is also an option? Something else that I was considering was a custom MIDI fighter but I'm not sure if I would fully utilize all those buttons. My Kontrol X1 handles all the effects, cue point juggling and what not so all I really need are EQs, dedicated filter knobs, 2 faders and a crossfader. I really want to avoid very flashy all in one type controllers- especially those with built in interfaces.

Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by Nales; 02-17-2011 at 07:03 PM.

I had a DJ2...

They are solid, small so easy to take around with you, the faders and all other components are all quality and they have a fairly decent second hand value....

The DJ2 had a function to scroll through a tune using an endless pot, I assume the DJ3 would too, this was part of the standard mapping from faderfox.

I found mine too small tbh, but then I come from an analogue mixer background, so I am used to SIZABLE equipment. I stioll think they are great though, given their size etc and the fact you can link up other units too (well you could, not sure witht he latest incarnations)
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Thanks for the response! Anyone else out there with experience with Faderfox DJ3 or a similar style MIDI Controller?

Default What are the advantages to a dj3?

I use a typhoon/spin, i guess it's like the VCI-100's lil brother. Also i use an X1, so i mapped some of the buttons/knobs on the typhoon that i do not need anymore to do smartcombos.

Im just curious to why you would be considering the fader fox dj3. I have never seen one in real life but it looks like it has many of the same features my typhoon has, just all mushed together. I know you said you wanted to stay away from the all in 1 controllers. So basically i was just wondering what the advantages are to a fader fox other than small size. (they seem somewhat pricy).

and if small size is a huge concern (ha) have you ever thought about the korg nano series. The NanoKONTROL has nine faders, nine knobs, 18 switches and a full transport section. And you can map it anyway you want.

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody || TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 || Traktor Kontrol X1 || Pioneer SE-DJ5000 || Behringer B1800D || Behringer Eurolive B212D's

I guess my line of thinking was that as my BCD3000 was falling apart and i wanted to upgrade to something with just a better quality build, I looked at all the things I used with my bcd3000 for and I came to the conclusion that something like the Faderfox DJ3 had everything I needed. Like I said, just need faders and EQs but I am realizing that maybe something like the FaderFox would just be silly to buy (since you said, it is expensive and it would suck if I did decide to want more buttons/control) ... I need to rethink if this is something I really want (maybe I should wait until my BCD3000 just stops working) ... GRR!

Default I was thinkin

So I was thinkin about maybe gettin one of these for myself and programing it to control decks C & D so I could mix with 4 decks, then realized im just gona save and get the s4.

Buttt they might be worth you giving a try, now i dont know much about the company, but they seem on the lower end, but i mean if they work who cares about the name on them. so check these 2 out:

http://www.djtechpro.com/product_det...product_id=349

http://www.djtechpro.com/product_det...product_id=451

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody || TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 || Traktor Kontrol X1 || Pioneer SE-DJ5000 || Behringer B1800D || Behringer Eurolive B212D's

or the mix101 by dj tech

Hmm these actually look kind of interesting. Thanks!

ya no prob, if u end up gettin one give me a review. and glad to see you went with Nales for the spelling...lol i voted for that 1. the graphic is pretty sweet also.

fADERFOX BUILD QUALITY AND CUSTOMWER SERVICE ARE TOP OF THE POPS.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast