got rid of my S4...dont kill me but have few questions :D
    Tech Wizard

Default got rid of my S4...dont kill me but have few questions :D

Well, first of all S4 was all fun, but i didnt like at least how mine was in terms of quality, some knobs not center on "center", quality sound not as same as audio 8, headphones volume weak, problems with not aligned faders , and was very big to me to bring to some clubs, so understand me . Im gona get Audio2 DJ +traktor X1 + Maschine till TA10 comes out, then will get rid of audio 2, and will get another X1 and traktor pro 2.

My answer is if anyone know or heard anything about more new products of NI, because i dnt want to waste a lot of money on X1 and maschine, and maybe they release new hardware versions for traktor pro 2, or something like that.

Thank you.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Haven't even really heard any rumors about a new X1, but I haven't really been looking for them. The X1 is pretty much set up perfectly for the new T2 and it's not really that old so my gut tells me probably not.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Well. You could have recalibrated the knobs........

The audio 2 IMO doesn't sound as good as the s4.

Afaik ni has announced all of their hardware products for 2011
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

who knows apparently they are releasing the Audio 2 DJ yet again so maybe they updated the sound quality from it. just guessing
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Good riddence!

I am sure its a TIT piece of kit, but I personally have shyed away from all in one devices.

The VCI100 was nice and all (And I will still play it....if it comes back to life....mines dead) but I prefer Hybrid setups.

Like my APC80, Audio 4 and Turntables with Timecode!

Its PERFECT!

Save and get the Traktor Pro 2 software!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

lol the apc80 does look sweet but for me it would be overkill on the buttons and faders =p more than the stick is afraid to even look at. =p Would be happy with an apc40 and something to beatmatching the tracks (I like the jog wheels on all in ones for that since it's alot faster for me)
    First things to get list
    1. Audio2DJ with Traktor LE2
    2. APC40
    3.Upgrade LE2 to full
    4.I dunno still looking around.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Wizard

have traktor pro, and like X1, so i think will get all i had in mine till TA10 gets out with trakto pro. Thanks to all.

And for XtianW, iv tried everything, iv talked to the support, and they even told me was my fault not calibrating the knobs correctly. Iv calibrated everything, some knobs center on 45 not on 50, during my gigs, the deck B, stoped playing, and needed to recalibrate every 30 mins, the PLAY button, didnt work some times, add that, to more things i cant remember just now, and for me, the experience with S4 was awfull. not im looking for a portable equipement and i think Maschine (i love producing so this will add fun to me in that part) X1, and audio 2, will be enought for now.

Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorM View Post
    Well, first of all S4 was all fun, but i didnt like at least how mine was in terms of quality, some knobs not center on "center", quality sound not as same as audio 8, headphones volume weak, problems with not aligned faders , and was very big to me to bring to some clubs, so understand me .
    Don't even worry about it. They have had some serious quality control issues with the S4s. I don't care what anyone says. I experienced it first hand - I just picked up my THIRD s4 two days ago. Yes, my THIRD s4. This one is finally perfect.

Incase you're wondering these were the issues with the first two:
    First S4:
    • Both decks lighting did not work at the same time, either the left deck worked or the right deck.
    • The FX banks did not work at all.

Second S4:
    • Left jog wheel was extremely extremely loose.
    • Bottom left of the mixer sections plate was awkwardly out a bit. So on the bottom left of the S4s mixer - the "plate" was sticking out slightly.

The second ones issues weren't too big, but when I went in to get my RCA cables for my show - I exchanged it out - and they gave me a lot of problems too.

NEVER believe what Guitar Center people tell you. I literally nearly had to threaten the manager about calling the BBB (Better business bureau) for them lying to me about their insurance program. If they ever tell you anything, get it written down in writing and then proceed to get the managers signature on it.

Sorry about going off topic. Anyway I completely understand where you're coming from. Thank god this S4 is literally perfect .