m-audio fast track pro question
    Tech Convert

Default m-audio fast track pro question

Hey guys. So I want to get the m-audio fast track pro, and I want to get some things straight. The soundcard pretty much just makes it so I can cue songs when using my macbook and my VCI-100. Cueing means when you listen to one song that's not playing using the headphones.

So do I need any certain cables? I have a macbook pro, and a VCI-100, and 2 KRK rokit 5 speakers. Oh yeah, and headphones. My speakers are going into my headphone jack, and my VCI-100 is going into one of my USB's. I have 2 USB's.

So exactly where do I plug in the soundcard? And does it come with the necessary cables?

Tech Mentor

Hi,
    I don't recommend the Fast Track Pro in combination with Traktor. I'm just using it for couple of days but I already had some major problems. After a certain time the soundcart starts to distore all outputs and when I turn on Traktor while the soundcard is running it freezes my MacBook.
    I'm not the only one who is dealing with this problems.

I think every soundcard is shipped with an USB cable, which is needed to connect the card with the computer.
    And you'll need cinch cables to connect your devices to the soundcard.

Tech Convert

thanks.

Tech Mentor

Maybe this is interesting for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRm6MCmPUY

Quote Originally Posted by jannick View Post
    Hi,
    I don't recommend the Fast Track Pro in combination with Traktor. .
    although i am windows user, i experimented with latency and solved problems like theese. Just b patient with it. interesting thing to note, when i switched to more powerful and up to date laptop, i never had any breakdowns... it runs smooth. so its not always about the soundcard.

Tech Mentor

I think the distored outputs can be fixed. But I read in other message boards that other people have same freezing problems with mac+traktor+fast track pro and it does not depend how poweful your notebook is, it's just a bug ...
    And there are other alternatives around 200€/$